GT40 Halibrand wheel...where to get them?

Hello.

I am looking for additional set of same wheel as pictured below.
It seems like Halibrand no longer produce them?

Where can I get these wheel? what is the best way?
and the price??

I have spent some times searching on the web and forum, but no luck...

jpg%20(2).jpg

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
It might be good time to buy those wheels as Yen is strong nowadays!
Thanks

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I have just been in touch with Phil Schmidt. He says he no longer makes the GT40 MkII Halibrand style wheel.

Pat

Supporter
M&A Seems to have the only "wineglass" castings I've seen and I really prefer that look. Will they fit a CAV or Superformance pin drive hub? Are CAV and Superformance pin drives spaced the same and are those wheels interchangible?

Veek,

I do not know if this might be of any use for you, but my original mag BRM wheels fit my SPF without major mods. I only had to grind the calipers a little on top.

Hope it helps.

JP

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
I can vouch for the PSE wheels. I have the very first set of 17 inch BRM's on my GTD GT40. They have taken all I have been able to throw at them for several years.

Drop Phil a email at his web site contact email address above. I just saw him down at willow springs a few months ago. He is still turning out very good wheels.

Attachments

• DSC_4491_800x536.jpg
    DSC_4491_800x536.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,573
I have 2------------15X9 1/2, 2 1/2" backspace.They are very nice(no curb rash) with 6 pin drives and Halibrand knock off's.The wheels are magnesium and the knock off's are aluminum.The drives are not the original and will need to be machined.They are original Halibrands and have the name as well as Lola on the inside along with the original green oxide primer.I am wondering if they were ever mounted due to the wonderful condition.Let me know if they are of interest.

I have 2------------15X9 1/2, 2 1/2" backspace.They are very nice(no curb rash) with 6 pin drives and Halibrand knock off's.The wheels are magnesium and the knock off's are aluminum.The drives are not the original and will need to be machined.They are original Halibrands and have the name as well as Lola on the inside along with the original green oxide primer.I am wondering if they were ever mounted due to the wonderful condition.Let me know if they are of interest.

Sorry but I am currently looking for whole set. :(

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have a set of four SPF (WAW) aluminum BRMs avaiable. New,they have never had tires mounted on them. Not Halibrands, but perhaps they will work for you. PM me for details.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
M & A castings no longer make the wineglass style Halibrand. Image certainly do. There is no picture on their website, but they have the pattern and will make a set if asked (I just ordered a set....). Very accommodating guys.

Back