CAV Brake help

Guys...

I am getting my car cleaned up and ready for the season and found brake fluid dripping from the brake pushrod on to the floor. When I press on the pedal, the fluid squirts out from around the push rod when the pedal is released. I suspect I need to replace the master cyl and maybe the booster as well.

Can you CAV guys tell me the make of the master and booster and where I might be able to buy them? I dont see and brand marks on either part.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Pics of the master/booster

IMAG0205_zpsce1c8bae.jpg
IMAG0207_zps5614b8f3.jpg

Hi Dave,

Not such a bad job to deal with - at least the brake MC is pretty easily accessed there. I know the clutch MC is Volkswagen (Transporter). I thought I saw a BMW sticker on the brake booster so my guess would be the brake MC is BMW but I don't know for sure. Please post what you find out. There should be some part numbers cast into the body of the MC (probably ATE) to help the search.

It does indeed sound like you have a MC leak.

Good luck!

Cliff,

I do see an ATE logo on the parts. It actually has Audi/VW on the side of the master. Narrows it down a bit. Johann was kind enough to put a request into the factory for me. Hope to hear soon! I want to get this thing back on the road!

Thanks!

Cliff...
I did some research, that part number is different than mine and it uses banjo style fittings. But, the application does appear to be correct. By appearance, it looks like I need a 13-2207 master cyl. Parts Geek looks like the best place to get it and they are in stock. With any sort of luck Johann will have an answer from SA tomorrow and that would confirm.

Thanks so much for the reply... I think I'm close. I was getting pretty tired of hunting for this thing!

"I think I'm close. I was getting pretty tired of hunting for this thing!"

Ahhh, the joys of exotic car ownership. Sorry Dave, your post brings back some of my own memories. :worried:

Back