RCR GT40 ground clearance

Can anyone with an RCR tell me the ground clearance they have? That is the distance from the bottom alloy plate (the main one that makes up the cabin floor) to the ground. My car currently has 95mm (just under 4") and I wonder if this is way lower than it should be. Rear lower arms are almost level but lower front arms have a 7-9 degree upward angle. I have 17" wheels although I would also be interested in 15" as well.

Thanks.

Jason,
Can't tell you about an RCR, but in general I think 4" is about the minimum(at your front). With your A arms aiming up, I would think you won't have much room before it bottoms out on the shocks, and I would guess it will give you a fairly rough ride. You are also limiting where you can ride. The speed bumps are going to be rough on your front end. I have mine at 4 and the rear at about 5" and I think it gives an aggressive stance. I have to angle out when leaving my driveway!

Bill

Jason,
4-5 inches f-r is the norm. At that ride height you have noticed the upward angle of the front lower a-arms. I solved that by using "Howe" lower ball joints that use a 1" longer stud. If you post this question directly to Fran on his forum I'm sure he will reply. Scott

Thanks for the replies. I do have a hydraulic lift kit at the front which will help on the road so I would like to run fairly low if I can. However looks like I'm a bit low so I will raise it slightly. At 4" at the front I must admit there is not a lot of travel left. Any other comments on height would be appreciated though.

Jason, I've done quite a bit of research on this. As Scott basically said, between 4-4.5" front, 4.5-5" rear seems to be the range most all of the dual purpose road/track cars fall under. Some guys that do exclusively road driving are higher than that, and there are some members here that run their track toys at a purported 2.25-2.75" front ride height, which seems a bit far to me.

For reference-
SUPERFORMANCE Factory Ride Height
Front 4.125 – 4.5 inches
Rear 4.5 – 4.75 inches"

Some measurements of your shock travel, road testing with zip-tie method, and some notepad math with spring rates and front corner weights should be enough homework for you to decide if you're safe. Or a call to Fran should net you the same answers in a few minutes!

Back