Looking for lighter wheels and tires

I have 15 inch knock off on my GT40 you can see them on the pics I have posted. Can I get lighter ones and if so how much and I want more traction. Do you stay 15 or go 17 ? Please help thanks

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have 15 inch knock off on my GT40 you can see them on the pics I have posted. Can I get lighter ones and if so how much and I want more traction. Do you stay 15 or go 17 ? Please help thanks

The lightest will be real magnesium 15s. They are available via the UK.

So how much are they cost wise and how much lighter and what tires can I use for street and track. I have 235/60/15 fronts I want lower 295/50/15 in the backs. Track I don't mean hard track just med level driving track

You cannot believe the difference in weight! I had a 15x12 mag with a Goodyear race tire on it that weighed less than the bare 15x10 aluminum SPF wheel!

Lacey's 15" wheels with Hoosiers aren't bad compared to the 17's but I've been shopping for something much lighter myself. Knew it would have to be Magnesium but not sure who still makes them for the GT-40 and Cobra. I'm interested in hearing more too, Rick. Also, if different rear offsets are available.

Tom

Paul,
As far as tires go you might want to look at the Nitto Drag Radial. Not sure if they still make the specific 15" tires that I used. I put 325 on my car but that was several years ago. I put the 225 on the front. Their tread pattern is not the same. Great traction on track and street. Believe the aspect ratio is 50 which is what you want. The rear is a 27.5" tire. Search places like Discount tire. May take a while to find them. They may be special order. I have the gulf flares.
P9130556_zpseb6c1fca.jpg

Here are the fronts
P1010005.jpg

Here are the rears
P1010004.jpg

P1010252.jpg

Bill

Back