Vintage Goodyear Blue Streaks?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Thanks Rick but what about the blue line on those AVONs in the SPF GT40 video I posted. Do you think he added that or does AVON offer a blue line like that? Lance gave me his phone number and I left him a message yesterday so hopefully will hear in the next couple days.

AVON does not supply the blue line. Again can be done with the kits from the tire lettering people (there is more than one supplier for these kits)

Just did a some AVON CR6ZZ with lettering for a customer, AVONs with "AVON".....go figure!

Attachments

• DSCF3485.jpg
    DSCF3485.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCF3483.jpg
    DSCF3483.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 207
Hi Rick,

Would like to order AVON for my Avon tires, but they are asking (font type'
Any idea what I need to fill in ?
Also I believe 2,5 ' would be good (or too big ?) for my 15x220 front and 295 rear ?

Rgds
Fred

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hi Rick,

Would like to order AVON for my Avon tires, but they are asking (font type'
Any idea what I need to fill in ?
Also I believe 2,5 ' would be good (or too big ?) for my 15x220 front and 295 rear ?

Rgds
Fred

The "AVON" in the photos I posted are 2.5" on 245 front and 295 rears. The customer decided these were "too big" and had us flip the tires. We ground off the raised nibs and lettering that the letters would cover with a Roloc surface conditioning disc, this made the mounting surface flat for better adhesion. The font was what Tirestickers.com had for AVON. Look also at Treadwear for their choices.

When properly applied these do NOT want to come off!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Fred
Years ago I used to have a Capri and used to pick out the letters with Tippex correction fluid - the stuff secretaries used use to correct typing errors!

Took a while to do but worked extremely well and lasted as long as the Dunlops did that I ran on that car

Ian

Back