Bill Kearley

Supporter
What Willwood calipers are most commonly used on a CAV, I would like to know part # for 4 and 6 piston fronts and 6 piston rears with park break.

Thanks

Bill
There is some `confusion` over these 4 pot rear calipers with hand brake fitting in that the part number does not show in the Willwood USA catalogue.
I believe they are only available here in NZ and the UK.
Try sending Willwood the picture with your request for information.
I originally went down the seperate `puck` caliper road and quickly thru them out as these appear to be superior and a hell of a lot easier to activate.
They are available in NZ from Cardwell Racing not far from me.
Cheers
Russell

Attachments

• DSCN2027.jpg
    DSCN2027.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCN2026.jpg
    DSCN2026.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,313
  • DSCN2025.jpg
    DSCN2025.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 406

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
No mention of what diameter wheels anyone is running or anticipating using these with, clearance on a 15" wheel dia. can be a challenge with some calipers.

Julian

Thanks John,

I am looking for a solution that will work with 15" wheels. think it will need to be an internal hub drum style mechanism for the hand brake. I see that Porsche run handbrakes on alloy hats in some of the cars so should be doable.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Bill, I engineered my brakes around Wilwood 4 Pot fronts and 4 Pot HiSpec handbrake caliper rears.
310mm discs in 15" 3 piece spun aluminium wheels. (Might be less room within a cast or billet wheel)
rear brakes

front brakes

Dave

Last edited:
Back