Appropriate tyre sizes fro road legal Lola T70 Mk3B opportunity

I have the potential to have tyres manufactured for road legal replica Lola T70 Mk3Bs and other similar cars.
I am in the process of having a replica Lola T70 Mk3 built. Track focused, road legal.
I have been searching for a suitable road legal tyre that will work right AND look right with no success. Currently the rear choice seems to be 17” rims with 335s or 15” rims with 295s.
I have begun a conversation with a (in my opinion the best) tyre manufacturer for GT40 type car
tyres to manufacture two new tyre sizes. These are the sizes under discussion:
27.5” diameter 14” section width - something like 355/45R15 rears
24.5” diameter 10” section width - something like 270/45R15 fronts
Ideally Y speed rated. Slightly increased diameter to fill arches with 100mm road ride height.
The ball-park initial quotation is in the region of £70-90K to produce tooling, design, develop and manufacture - including modifying their machinery, with the manufacturer taking on the testing and approval process.
Sadly more than I can afford for a set of tyres. However if there were a number of people who wanted the same thing - the more the better, but even with a handful of partners with the same interest this could be an option?
We would need to have a consensus on size to suit ‘our’ needs and also a tyre that stands a chance of finding a slightly
wider market… Lead time is about 6-9 months from green light to production.
Due to the progress of my project I am going to need to commit to tyres in the next couple of weeks.
If I don’t find interest in a partnership (Ltd Co) to share underwriting manufacturing costs, I will likely proceed with 17” custom
T70Mk3B wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 2 or Pirelli P Zero tyres.
I also have T70Mk3B lightweight body panels available and a currently dismantled GTD T70Mk3B with V5 which could be sold as is
or rebuilt to spec… Will be advertising these in due course.
If there is any serious interest in the above - please contact me for more details.
Giles Litton

Back