GT40 Chassis starting point

Hi all,

I tried to search to see if this question has every been asked before and could not find it.

My question is this; What production car chassis (if any) most approximates the needed specifications of a ford GT or ford GT40 chassis? Specifically, the windshield, leg room, dash width, doors, etc.

Maybe it would be more cost effective to build everything from scratch. I don't know.

I just wondered if anyone has ever managed to build their own GT40 by starting with an existing (even partial) chassis and then adapting it.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hi all,

My question is this; What production car chassis (if any) most approximates the needed specifications of a ford GT or ford GT40 chassis? Specifically, the windshield, leg room, dash width, doors, etc.

A) A GT40! There really isn't anything close to start with that doesn't cost more that a GT40 kit! Sbarro did convert some Panteras to "GT40s" but again, a lot of work and a high starting cost.

A) A GT40! There really isn't anything close to start with that doesn't cost more that a GT40 kit! Sbarro did convert some Panteras to "GT40s" but again, a lot of work and a high starting cost.

Thanks for the response.

The GT40 Windshield. Is it unique or is it from an actual production model? I seem to recall it was originally from a Ford "Corsair" but I personally don't see how they would have made that work.

Back