Upright question?

Hi all - Does anyone have suggestions as to which front and rear uprights would be best for a scratch built in the USA GT40? The would have to be inexpensive easily sourced from USA produced or distributed vehicles and provide for mounting to a GT40 type suspension system, etc. Thanks for your help. Regards, Blue

Blue, you might try 1989 and up Thunderbird rear uprights since they had IRS. I know they use this rear end set up on some Cobra kits. The Super Coupes would have disc brakes as well.

G

The T'bird stuff is cheap enough.
But that just covers the rear, has odd
bolt pattern, and doesn't have big breaks.

I'd try to use Corvette stuff.
Several kit manufacturers do.

Not as cheap...but strong and plentiful.

MikeD

G

Blue,

To my way of thinking the Corvette stuff is the way to go in the USA. Availability and options abound. 85-87 in the front seem to predominate. For the rear, the 88-92 with the parking brake built into the caliper is, IMHO, the only way to go. Many make uprights to fit these. Uprights for older parts are easily modified to use these as well. I purchased my uprights from DRB, aka GT40 Australia. These were designed for older rear parts and only require approx .25" x 3.5" ring to space the boss to accept newer spacer/caliper ear piece. If available, Kustom Metal uprights look nice in pictures. ERA uses these, but don't bother. Ultima cars use this set up also, I believe. =Lynn

Back