Building a Ford GT40 from scratch

I want to involve myself and a friend in building a GT40 from scratch, including the chassis. Does anybody know where I could find plans, or if my project is totally unrealizable?

Thanks.

Building a GT40 yourself can be easier than you think. It may set you back a bit in cash but the GT40 is priceless in it's self. I have found a website that is perfect for the GT40 fanatic.
http://www.gt40.co.nz/

Have a great time, and if you do build a GT40, please keep me up to date. (AKA picture)
[email protected]

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Do you want to build a monocoque car or space frame car? Both are a tall order, but for all the labor you probably ought to build a monocoque car.

Hello,
i'm the friend who wants to build the gt40 with pcastella.
what we want to do is build a gt40 from the beginning, what's means that we don't want to buy a kit.
I know that it possible by taking parts of another ford. Then we want to build a chassis.
I don't know if we must build a monocoque or a space frame car. But the body is a problem, because we don't know somebody who has a master and i think that we'll have to buy it somewhere
So that's why we are looking for plans of this car and for xperience of somebody who has done that, if it exists.

That is some undertaking. I'd like to do the same thing but I have the opposite problem. I could probably build the body and make molds from it but don't have the expertise to make the chassis. I've worked generally with models. I've never done anything to this scale but the basic concept is the same. Just bigger.

I'd love to be of help.

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ngobet:
Hello,
i'm the friend who wants to build the gt40 with pcastella.
what we want to do is build a gt40 from the beginning, what's means that we don't want to buy a kit.
I know that it possible by taking parts of another ford. Then we want to build a chassis.
I don't know if we must build a monocoque or a space frame car. But the body is a problem, because we don't know somebody who has a master and i think that we'll have to buy it somewhere
So that's why we are looking for plans of this car and for xperience of somebody who has done that, if it exists.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back