oil pan from Armando's

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
oil pan from Armando\'s

Oil pan arrived today. Nicely done, good welds, everything very neat and iridited silver. I would recommend these folks, they were good to deal with and prompt. I think most of the month it took to arrive was when it was sitting at the iriditing place.
This is a duplicate of the original GT40 pan which Armando made for Aviaid for several years.

Re: oil pan from Armando\'s

What's the price and what is the contact info.
Thanks,
John

I also ordered a pan from him, and the service was good. The pan was shipped directly to Keith Craft so I did not get to look inside. Externally it looks fine.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter

I'm glad to see that Armondo makes good pans that are similar to Aviaid. I will give him a shot for the next one.

FYI-

I go a $500+ R-Model (9.5qt) mustang pan from Aviaid and had them special to fit a motorsport block (extra $$), and it didn't fit. The Pickup was welded by Corky the welder, it was filled with slag and loose welding beeds! I live in the area, so it was not a problem to get it fixed.

After that was all straightend out, the engine builder informed me the pan leaked under the skid plate! More... On the dyno it seems that when you drain the oil it rolls down the side of the pan under the skid place since it is not welded in the front of the pan. Big mess. Lastly the Aviad pan does not come with a magnetic drain plug, it comes with a cut off bolt and a washer for the plug.

I can't say you get what you pay for in this case...

This is all my experience, your mileage may vary.

My pal arrived from the US yesterday & handed me my GT40 pattern sump from Armandos. We were all impressed with the finish, quality & design.

Hopefully here is a piccie....

Attachments

• 19030-GT40 sump - Armando\'s.jpg
    19030-GT40 sump - Armando\'s.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,564
Back