Gurney-Weslake Valve Covers

I was thinking how neat it would be to have a set of these on my 289 (the rocker covers, not the heads--a bit out of my price range, I'm sure). Does anyone know if the bolt pattern matches a stock 289 head? If so, is there anyone out there replicating them? I'm sure the originals are stratospherically priced...

Hi All
well you guys have just hit the nail on the head, as I have just made the Gurney Weslake valve cover that does fit the small block Ford.
I have made the plug mould ready for sand casting, and will be going to the foundry next week to have the first pair made.
I will post a photo later on this week to see what you think of the plug, I have also designed it to take high lift cam profiles.
I used an original valve cover for the plug
Regards
Chris.
wink.gif

Chris,

Put me on the list for my 302 SVO Ford engine!Let me know when ready so I can spend another night in Stansetad because of Ryanair....

Rgds
fred

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Hi Chris...neat idea. Actually I think GW heads do not flow as well as modern heads, but the look is fun, so this way you get both.
For those in the USA who want plain aluminum valve covers, I got a very well-made set from Canton Racing products in Connecticut, and had them powder coated flat black. They look great, and will accommodate high-lift rockers etc. I am using AFR heads.
Chris, I wish you'd contract with someone to replicate the Mark 1 monocoque in steel, can't you do that in your spare time?!
grin.gif

Chris,

I still think you must be a wizard to do all the things you do. Great idea on the G-W covers.

Have fun!

John

If anyone is interested , I have some spare parts for my old set of GW heads. Rockers,shafts, stands, Weber adaptors etc.

Chris, it appears my timing in asking this question was rather serendipitous.
smile.gif

Please keep us posted on your efforts in casting the valve covers. I'm sure I'll be in for a set when you have them ready--

Thanks!

Derived from the term Serendipity.... if you are into chick flicks you can go and see the Hollywood explanation with the same title.... I know I was forced to watch it one evening
frown.gif

Hi all

Well, here is the plug ready for casting and boy what a lot of work it was.
I will get the finished item powder coated black then machined to reveal the aluminum along the fins and lettering.
I will supply them without oil or breather holes as each individual has different requirements. The question is how many should I get cast?
Regards,
Chris

fc5ec7ad.jpg

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Back