Main Pulley

Ron Earp

Admin
Robert,

What diameter is the main crank pulley on the serpentine system? I didn't get one in the box you sent, but it is easy enough to find one if I know the diameter. Everything else is on and fits good though, just need to figure out the crank pulley.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron,
I need to know which pullies to get as well.
Robert told me that the water pump that comes on the crate engine M6007B50 Is the
pump he uses but he didn't know the part number. I looked it up and took it to NAPA. They cross referenced it for me. So I brought it home and guess what, it no fit. I get to do all of this cause Gordon's long blocks don't come with a water pump.
Now I have to go to the Ford dealer and get it cause I think they gave me the wrong pump at NAPA. I need the part numbers for the water pump pulley and the crank pulley too. So if you have them please let me know asap.
If any of you guys in Australia know what
these part numbers are it would a big help.
I am still hopeful of driving my car to the Spring Fling but having to chase around for this stuff is taking too much of my time.
Please Help !!
shocked.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

What setup are you using, v-belt or serpentine?

What heads are you using?

Victor Jr are have front bolt holes sized correctly, I think. AFRs do not.

If serpentine then do the following:

1. Get a late model front cover, specify 94 Mustang GT 5.0L for parts reference, will work fine. FMS cover is the same, no problems there. You do not need fuel pump bosses etc. found on older covers.

2. Get a 94 Mustang 5.0L water pump, will do well.

3. Get a 94 Mustange 5.0L crank pulley, will do just fine.

4. Buy a boat load of 5/8th or 5/16 inch bolts (see below) since the brackets won't work with standard bolts, they're too short.

If serpentine, hope that your engine builder assembled the heads with the 5/16th inch front head bolts (the ones for mounting stuff to) on the right hand head looking from the front of the engine. If they didn't, they assembled the engine with the 5/8th inch bolts you'll have to drill out all of RF's mounts for 5/8th bolts. You can check but looking at the motor and seeing where the 5/16th inch holes are at. Hope they're on the front for ease of use. I have lathe, but not everyone does.

The advantage with the 5/8th inch bolts is that you do not really need support mounts, although I used them in a drilled out fashion. You really need support mounts on the 5/16th inch bolts because they're tiny.

Call me and I might be able to help. RF does a good job with the setup - ONCE its on. It works well and is very stable. It is just that different head designs have different size front bolts which causes problems. I think RF needs to make specific packages for certain engines, of which I know they need to have 3 different types.

Ron

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: R. Earp ]

Thanks Ron for the info.
I am using the serpintine system. and the
heads are Edelbrock Performer RPMs. The
holes are fine and are the right size.
The front engine plate is on and the fuel pump mount is a dummy as the hole is blanked
out. The water pump that I bought had heater connections coming off of it. The pump
on the engine in the manual does not have these.
So if I go get all this for a 94 Mustang
it will fit, even the water pump?

Thanks again Ron.

Hersh
smile.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Hershal,

As discussed, at RF we use NEW Ford Motorsport engines which we source in the US. The engine we tend to use is the M6007 - B50 which is the Ford number. It has the aluminium GT40 heads and the B/E 303 cam. The X303 cam produces an additional 20 hp at 340 hp and this engine can also be used but not in Australia.

The engines we use are the Tickford TS50 engines of Ford Australia.

The serpentine pully is a part of the harmonic balancer casting and I will get the diameter tommorow at work and post it. The problems that are most common with the front of the SB Windsor are the fact that FOUR different water pumps are available and these are clockwise and anticlockwise rotation and right and left suctions. There are also different timing case covers to match the water pumps and then the miriad of manufacturers making the SAME thing (we wish).

I will try and detail everything for you and forward it you by phone tommorow.

Best wishes,

Robert

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

sound like you have an older style front cover. A 94 Mustang water pump will not fit this type of cover.

What you need is a late model front cover, one from a 94 or 95 Mustang will fit just fine. Or, the one that FMS is putting on their crate motors is the same.

Some aftermarket covers do not do the job as Robert stated.

Once you have the correct front cover the 94-95 Mustang water pump will be good to go. And, get the front main pulley from the same and you'll be in good shape.

All the water pumps will have heater hose connections. I just sawed them off and put two NPT pipe plugs into the holes, thing I used 3/8s thread if not mistaken. You could also weld them up or used caps secured to the small connector pipes.

Sounds like once you get the correct front cover and water pump you'll be okay. The holes are already not an issue for you.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

that looks like mine. I also measured the back of the block to water pump length and it is 27", just like it says.

Be an easy way to get setup.

Then head for the hardware store and get lots of 5/16th inch bolts. Forget the ARP water pump bolt kit, I bought two of those and ended up using all grade 8 hardware store stuff anyhow. The ARP kits are made for old style setups. 80% of the bolts in the kit are too long or too short.

Ron

Ron,
I finally have the correct part numbers
for the serpentine belt system.
I installed the 94 Mustang timing cover and
water pump and everything is off 1/4".
All the other pulleys will have to be
spaced forward 1/4" to match the
crank and water pulleys. I think
that is what I will do. I will make some
aluminum spacers to match the ones that came
with the idler pullies.
The correct parts are off of a 96 to 2000
Explorer.
Water pump...F87Z8501CA $137.58

Timing case..F67Z6019AA $307.21

Crank Pulley.F67Z6312AA $94.89

Water pump pulley F87Z8509AA $12.56

As you can see by the prices, I will
be attempting to make what I have work.
These are retail prices. If you know
someone you might save 20%.
Big big thanks to Chris at RF for
running down these part numbers.
My glass installer cancelled but he is coming out tomorrow. I hooked up the
battery today and everything worked !
grin.gif

I have all of the carpet done except for the
rear bulkhead. I will do that after the
glass is in. I'm really hopeful that
the engine and trans are in by Sunday.
Man, am I stoked !!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I get more impatient by the minute.

Hersh
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Well,

sorry about suggesting the 94 parts, I thought for sure the damn things were the same. At least mine look like 94 parts I thought. Only off by 1/4" huh? Mine might be off that much but I cannot really tell. I'll double check...

ron

Back