Ford to Audi Adaptor

Does anyone know if an adaptor plate can be made from aluminum plate for Ford (FE as well as SBF) to Audi 016 transaxle? If so what thickness plate should be used and what flywheel and clutch will work, etc.? Thanks.
Best regards, Orin Meyer

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Orin,

Don't know If KEP makes that particular adapter.

KEP's adapters are a 2024 T3 alum. plate 5/8" thick but cut down to 1/2" to provide a lip that locates the Porsche trans. (Porsche trans don't use dowel pins to locate.)

I wanted to make mine even though KEP has one for the app. (302 to G50), because I wanted an integral motor mount on the adapter. He sold me a chunk of 2024 when I bought his $1,000 clutch flywheel assembly.

I used a small Taiwan mill drill with a rotary table, but you might not need a rotary table if the Audi locates with dowel pins.

Most plate adapters are very simple, one set of bolt/dowel holes for the engine and one set of bolt/dowel holes for the trans. The tricky part is getting the holes accurate enough for the dowels and engine crank center and trans input center to line up. The porsche app has the additional feature of the lip to locate the trans.

KEP is here

KEP

here's one of their porsche trans adapters, you can see the lip on the inside edge

Adapter

Here's Tornado, they list a bell housing for Audi, but I don't see your model. (about half way down under Engine/Transaxle

Tornado

Then you have to consider which flywheel/clutch your going to use. Either the setup from the engine or the trans. If from the trans then the flywheel has to be modified or built to bolt to the crank. If from the engine then the trans splines will have to fit the clutch.

Best thing would be find someone that's already done it. Maybe the gents across the pond.

You can see photos of KEP's Audi 016 to SBF alum adapter
on Neal's build site. High quality...fair price.

Others claim KEP made them an FE adapter....but KEP
told me no. I'm suspect they would if you tossed $$$
at them.

MikeD

Orin, in regard to the Audi bell housing tech drawing I sent you, if you want the FE block drawing I have that as well, let me know if you want it and I`ll email it over to you.
Cheers,
Stuart.

Back