Accusump Capacity

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I am putting enough money into the engine that I am building that I have decided to also put an Accusump on it. In searching this forum, the two Accusump users who stated the capacity of theirs said that they were both 2 quart accumulators. Does that seem to be the required size for a Ford small block?

Regards,
Lynn

They sell them in both 2 and 3 quart sizes. Same diameter, different length. If you plan to race the car I would go with the 3 quart if you can find the space. For a street car, it is unlikely you could pull enough Gs for a long enough time to empty the 2 quart, so that should be fine.

Kevin

We use a 3qt unit on Roys GTD - hopefully no longer required as car is now dry sumped but may still be retained as a pre-oiler to lubricate on start up.

Attachments

• 30737-AccSump1.JPG
    30737-AccSump1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 367

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Paul !!
I'm not trying to hijack this post, But I have a question. Is that a linear actuator for the shifter, mounted left of the accusump ?? If so, can you provide any contact information on the product.
Thanks for your time !!!!!
Brian

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
The major reason for me in adding the Accusump is as a pre-oiler. So I feel safe in assuming that a 2 quart would be adequate for this purpose. I just purchased a 3 quart Moroso accumulator, so I should be covered in any case. I did want to state clearly what the current wisdom says about accusumps in case someone references this thread in the future.

Regards,
Lynn
"Keep the greasy side down"

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Lynn !!
There is also a pre-oiler out, that is an electric driven pump. It is a built in unit that is incorporated into the starter unit. Summit at one time sold these units, although I have not seen them in their catalogs recently. Keith Eickert also sells a unique pre-oiler for the marine industry also. It can be found here : Keith Eickert . At the bottom left click on lubrication. Then at that screen, also on the left (top) click on pre oiler. Both of these are nice alternatives to the accusump.
Regards Brian

Back