Oil filter adapter for 5.0 Windsor

Hi Guys

Does anyone know where I can get an oil filter adapter for a 302W which leaves the oil filter pointing straight down. I've got a space problem which this would help solve.

Thanks

John

John,

How about a bulkhead mounted remote adapter?

They are available from Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.

Probably available in Oz too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

Attachments

• 32257-Ford SBF Oil Filter.jpg
    32257-Ford SBF Oil Filter.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 378
I think the one you are looking for is used on the Ford Explore (sp?) engines - the guys on FFCobra.com talk about using these to avoid a chassis brace or something. I'll try to do a search there for the part number

dave

I have just what you are looking for. It is off a 97 Explorer 5.0 hiperformance 302. I have it listed on ebay, and it might have a pic on the for sale section here. If not here are the pics and ebay location.
web page
920887P101002616.jpg

Bill

Thanks for the replies everyone. Any option is worth looking at.

The remote adapter is plan B at this stage. I have it in mind but I think an adapter like the one Mistral gave us a picture of is the sort of thing I was talking about. If anyone knows of any more of this type, I would be pleased to hear from you. As most of you are aware, space is of a premium in these engine bays so the smaller the better.

The oil cooler Bill has is meant to go forward so the angle on the adapter is about 90 degrees. Unfortunately my alternator is in the way. If it is oriented down the oil cooler and filter hits the sump. I know this because I have already got one, so sorry Bill but no sale this time.

Again thanks all for the info. It is all valuable.

Regards

John

Bill

A swivel mount could work. I had a look at summit's web site but could not find it. Do you have any more details?

AJS

The large pipes are water pipes. The cooler attaches to your oil filter mount facing toward the front of the engine. Your oil filter goes back onto the threaded end of the cooler. You then plumb the cooler into your radiator hoses so it is in between your radiator and engine.

Thanks

John

That looks promising Bill. I will investigate it further.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards

John

Back