ZF weight

MWGT40

Supporter
Anybody know the difference in weight between the ZF and Renault 21 Turbo gearboxes? I know the ZF is a lot heavier but wanted to know just how much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cheers, Martin

This is what I've heard. I think it's correct, and yes, there's quite a difference.

ZF: 155 pounds
Renault UN1: 95 pounds

Cheers

Rob

Martin,

Why bother with a ZF?

Bloody heavy! I've felt the weight. I chose not to have one.

Its not a money thing, but a "I don't want that extra weight!" thing.

Why not chat to Kevin Jones of GTO Engineering if you want something really special.

I know, I know. Originality!!

Well what the eye can't see! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

J.P

MWGT40

Supporter
JP

You got it - authenticity. Also, I drove the Yellow Peril recently and was very impressed by the car overall as well as his ZF in it.

However, what finally done it for me was when I looked at how much the Quaife units weigh and cost - they are nearly as heavy as the ZF and cost a small fortune. No wonder ZFs are so sought after!

And what am I doing up at 4am in the morning - just buying me that ZF on ebay thank you very much!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Martin

Martin - are you still selling the GTD? Is the ZF for
another project? Or is the GTD getting a ZF?

Inquiring minds want to know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian

MWGT40

Supporter
Gentlemen,

I am considering a number of options at present. Depending on which way I go, my Renault box (with Quaife internals) may be up for sale. Equally, my car may not be for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry for not being clear, but there are a lot of moving parameters right now and I did not appreciate just how attached I had become to 6GTD when I actually came to selling her (sorry for those who expressed interest in buying her) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Will keep you posted

Martin

Howard Jones

Supporter
Martin, I very happy to hear that you will be keeping your car. If you decide you want to sell your gearbox let me know and we'll talk, if not, thanks for you honesty.

Howard.

Back