Header Tank

HILLY

Supporter
G’Day All,

I am curious to find out if the radiator header tank picture below is similar to the header tanks used on the original GT’s and what would be the advantage of this design.

Attachments

• 33527-Safire - Yellow - P1134   15.jpg
    33527-Safire - Yellow - P1134 15.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 293

HILLY

Supporter
Sorry for the picture quality. This one might be a bit better.

Attachments

• 33528-Header Tank.jpg
    33528-Header Tank.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 351
Peter,
Looks like you are trying to crop a low resolution picture. Leave the resolution high before you crop and then you can save at a lower resolution for posting. If that is greek to you I will send you a PM explaining.
Bill

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
It looks very close to the original tanks used on the Mark 1's. I bought a similar tank for my car to replace the plastic one that came with my kit. I'm not sure if the design is any better but IMHO it looks better.

HILLY

Supporter
Rick, I agree.

Bill,
The third picture is a resized version of the first picture which seems to have a very low resolution. I am not sure if that is what you are talking about but any advise would be appreciated as I have come across this before when trying to enlarge a small picture and I have always written it off to the low resolution of the original picture.

When taking a pic with digital, check your setting on the camera. For really sharp pics use the highest resolution you can and still be able to take more than 2 or 3 pics. Use a high MB chip 128, 256, or 512 and you will be able to take more pics. Then when you edit the pic with your software, you can crop and not degrade the pic and get great detail from the blowup.
Bill

Back