2 LITRE QUAD CAM V8

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I was reading the latestKit Car Magazine and ther is an article about a Quantam with a strange motor but the specs are impressive.
2 litre, quad cam, 40 valves, and producing 302bhp at 10000rpm.
And weight 72kg

It is built by grafting together 2 Yamaha 1000cc motorcycle engines.

Info on the engine can be foound at www.cyclonepowerltd.co.uk

Now how would that work in a GT40?

Ian

You would have a serious torque problem at low RPMs in a 2,400 lb. (wet) car. That engine pushes a bike/rider combination weighing about 650 lbs., double that would be 1,300 lbs. It would be a lot like the Honda S2000 at low RPMs (not much quicker than a Miata). It would probably be an incredible engine in a Radical or small Formula Car chassis.

Kevin

Of course it drops the weight down about 300 lbs from a 351W @ 465 lbs. Neat motor. Wonder what the cost would be? Bet it makes a Lotus 7 a screamer. I wonder how it is engineered. Custom crank? How do the attach the motors together?

strap a small supercharger/turbocharger on each and you should be able to get it moving a bit... I'd bet with that little engine in there you might have some extra space for power adders.

John

Hi all -

Saw this one at Autosport this year - different mfr but I bet it sounds great too. In this instance linked to a quaife transaxle.

Attachments

• 33988-2litreV8.JPG
    33988-2litreV8.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 341
Back