CAV GT-40 Dyno Pull Video

Ian Clark

Supporter
Ok guys, make all the jokes you want about Canada and snow, short summers and Moose... we still make big power up here.

This CAV GT-40 has a FRPP 347 crate engine, RBT ZF 5DS25, Fuel Injection and Weber Computer (from Very Cool Parts) and is running on a 50/50 mix of premium and regular pump gas.

First time I drove on a dyno, didn't go anywhere but quite the trip anyways:)

CAV Dyno Pull

Running the Gears

Enjoy

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Great Running the Gears video. Loved watching the car squat down on the rollers. Some Moosepower you have there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice one Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Why do you go to the effort of mixing premium and regular?

regards
Dave

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Dave, Just wanted to be safe in case the owner got some bad gas somewhere. Check out the in car video under General Discussions - All GT40 very cool....

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Mike,

We figured 507 at the flywheel, 6000 rpm, 3000 ft above sea level. The Dyno is an Eddy Current type and really loads up the car. Areodynamic loads are also included.

The shop that did the tuning is Diablo Performance Cam Koole is the man to talk to about rear wheel horsepower.

I guess there's a lot of controversy over dyno numbers with some shops jacking up their dynos to give good numbers for bragging rights.

I know we'd get numbers anywhere from 330 to 400 RWHP depending on the dyno. The seat of my pants says we've got serious ooomf here. On the dyno we saw 20>78mph in 2.8 seconds starting at 2000 rpm (before the torque comes on!)

It's very hair raising to stand on a car on the dyno and watch the revs climb so fast, nothing like putting my Caravan through the emission test cycle!

Cheers

Back