Nasty Engine

I thought I would share this with you guys who want a screamer.Try an aluminum block 417 cube, 15.4 compression, 6-1/8" rods giving 745 HP@6800 + 643 lb.ft.@5500. This allows this gentleman to to turn 198mph at 8300 revs in 4th gear on the road course at Pocono. So I quess he has enough power for this Safir supper GT 40. I can't imagine how he gets all of that power to hookup - but he obviously does quite well.

It sounds like he needs a bit taller gear. Turning 8,300 with a 417 is asking for trouble. It also well past it's peak.

I bet it runs real bad on 91 octane.

But, I would try it.

Do you know the manufacturer, what engine the block is based on, and what the bore and stroke numbers are? Thanks.

I don't know a lot of the fine details. It is an aluminum block with Yates NASCAR heads using titanum valves with 15.4 comp. It has 9.2" deck height with 2 3/4" mains journals and 2.1"rod journals in a 6 1/8" long rod. He was using a builder out of Arkansas and I am assuming he still does. It runs on 114 octane fuel and sits in a Safir GT40 that ways a little over 2100 lbs with fuel and ready to race.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Bud, You and I know who he is, you should talk him into joining this forum there are a lot of people on this forum that would be able to use some of his knowledge.

It sounds to me like if its from Arkansas its a Keith Craft motor...he builds some really nasty Dirt Track motors and they last let me assure you....he built quite a few for cobras around here in Dallas..best bang for the buck...and he will be building my 40's motor..now its just what size to get.

Matt

Ron Earp

Admin
IF it is KC he posts on the Corba forum all the time. Why the secrets?

Recently he took some sort of challenge to make a FE (Farm Equipment for those that don't know) motor for a hp build up and dyno test. Do't know the results, did he make it?

Back