Can someone in the US help me get a Audi Transaxle

I would like to know if someone can locate a Audi Transaxle for me, then i could pay for and organise the shipping back to Australia? I have someone who will ship it for me from California, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks Steve

Try Bill Andrews at HRE in NY. I've posted his info before. He will send you a fully redone unit and can even provide a hybrid unit with improved R&P ratios. PM me if you cannot find his contact info. I believe he will even handle the shipping & crating.

If you're going to buy a rebuild...may as well use German
Transaxle of America (GTA).
They're already on the West Coast. If you just want
used trannys, I have to believe there are plenty of them
in breakers in California. Would be a waste of freight
to ship used 016s from East Coast to West Coast.

If your California connection can't find any Audi breakers
(we call them "recyclers" now in the US), he's not trying
very hard.

MikeD

[ QUOTE ]
Is US$2200.00 to much for a fully rebuilt 016 aaz with a fifth gear out of a 5N.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's too much if it doesn't include the $1,500 Quaife LSD; if it does include the LSD then the price is about right. For that kind of money you could probably find a very nice 01E in Germany and have it shipped from there.

I looked on German Ebay and used the English translation tool and i still couldnt uderstand them. I found a few on there but i couldnt register to ask the seller a couple of questions. Id take a rebuildable box at this stage as i think the parts to rebuild it wouldnt be that hard to source.
Steve

Hi Steve007, i'm in New Zealand, we have local Audi Wrecker who ships worldwide, last price for used 016 was $1000 he ships about 40 a month i will try to find his address if your interested
regards
GraemeS

Steve

If you are still in the planning stage, the question
is whether to go 016 or Porsche G50. Most chassis
will accept either, and the G50 can take more
abuse for not much more than the cost of a rebuilt 016.

Those who already have 016 in their car don't have that
luxury since they'd have to relocate their engine, and
buy all new adaptor parts/clutch parts/etc...very expensive
at that point, but if you are starting from scratch,
consider the G50. They are fairly plentiful.

MikeD

Hi Guys , The local supplier over here in New Zealand is Euroline Autoparts Ltd they are an Audi Wrecker the man to speak to is Rob the boss, I believe he races them over here so is up with the play, and is up with all the models codes ratios etc

Work: 092947635
Fax: 092947281
E-Mail: [email protected]

Hope this Helps
Graeme

Back