Ford 460 engine

I am looking for a Ford 460 FORD RACE BLOCK
460 SIAMESE BORE
WET OR DRY SUMP BLOCK
M-6010-A460

Anybody know what the frequency of these turning up second hand are - block only, the engine will be completely rebuilt from scratch anyway. Also what sort of price will I be looking at for a second hand block?

Best Regards

John

Well, they are something like $2500 new here in the States. Finding a used one will be difficult. They are virtually indestructable.

Good luck
Bill D

Would you be able to get one of these engines with a dry sump? I wanted to get the aluminium block but Ford have stopped casting them so that is out of the question really. I am looking to build a 10 litre engine with 800bhp and around 1000 lb/ft of torque for a concept car design. I really could do with a dry sump so I dont need as much space. Also will I be able to get 10 litres out of the iron block (600ci) as I was looking at getting from the aluminium block?

According to the 2005 Ford Performance Parts catlog, the M-6010-A460 cast iron block can be bored/stroked to produce 598 cubic inches. It indicates that it is setup for wet sump oiling, but I believe you can convert it to a dry sump system.

It has a list price of $2,095

As an alternative, you could go with an Eliminator iron block available through http://www.flatlanderracing.com/
You can get up to 642 cubic inches with these blocks and a big stroker crank.

Cheers
Bill D

Back