Ford Cosworth 1967 dfv blueprints

A friend of mine is hardly searching some good blueprints ofthe Ford Cosworth dfv 1967 engine

if someone has can maybe plz PM mail me (or post here...cause think nothing so secret in that..)

Thank u

paulo

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• FordV8dfv.jpg
    FordV8dfv.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 2,455
Last edited:
Thnkx Doc,
great pic and site, but here think we need something maybe a little more technical (as views from above and front of the engine..maybe a technical draw,cause friend is trying to make a 3d of the engine at the highest level possible).

I wasnt able to find anything online for the moment:(

THank u
paolo

Thanks a LOT guys,

Bill, the site is fantastic!

Doc:) my friend is ready to pay EVERY price for that nice technical draw on internet (will be a wonderful wall background too)

Thnx a lot

Paolo

Paulo,
Cosworth announced back in 2004 that they were going to do limited production of the DFV again. However, MAHLE have since acquired the Cosworth Technology group, which I beleived owned the engineering rights to the DFV. Maybe they are still producing it?

Brett

I still think it would make a nice wall hanger, very cool.

I mentioned DFV engine manufacturing to Mike Costin in Summer 05, he just laughed........he then went on to educate me about cylinder head stretch bolts and how crucial it is to tighten them properly!
From that I concluded the DFV was all top secret or never going to happen.

Cheers

Great...the thing comes more and even more interesting.
Thats probably why there is so few about this engine all around(including internet).
From the few I know it was a 3.0 liters unit with more or less 400hp, and the best engine for 1960's formula one cars.

tell me more tell me:p:p
What is the 2004 pricing for such masterpiece?

Paolo:)

There was a crankase plus some other parts on ebay a few months back, the guy was deluged with questions and I thought I saw the bids rack up to a few thousand very quicky even though it was an exhibition piece.

Today my friend got his photocopy from Ebay.
He payed 32 euros for the first of 3 photocopies (around 85x65 cm) and the paper is marked "strictly confidential Cosworth 1981"

Just a little shame the drawings are only from front and left side of the engine (probably the other ones will be on the missing 2 sheets).

Anyway a good buying (dont talk of this to a medician..:D)

Paolo:D

Back