Where are you mounting the AC Compressor?

I found Sanden's official site with model numbers, performance specs, and dimensions. Looks like 217MM is the standard length. Using a ruler, I can't find a place where it will fit on the engine. HELP!!

Bill D

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, I don't know if this will be of any help, but Sanden does make what is referred to as an "ultra small compressor" and it is marketed on this website, which supplies front dress components: Small Block Ford Kits

I suppose it's possible that the 217MM IS their "ultra small" model--don't know.

Good luck--hope this has been of some help.

Doug

Mine is mounted low on the passenger side under the alternator. It requires a custom made bracket...and it is tight, but it fits.

Bill

This may not help but if you are running a serpintine or flat belt.
I have Vet engine at work LT2 I think, the one with the duraspark dizzy on the front cover now that had a Delco compressor that was very short 120-150mm maybe.
It maybe an option if you are looking for reduction in length.

Jim

Bill,
Unless you have some obstruction around your motor front you should be able to get the compressor fitted. You might check with one of the dealers for the compressor or A/C maufacturer for proper location and bracket fitment. When I placed my order with a local dealer, he had several compressors to choose from and made the suggestions as to which one was best for my needs. They also supplied a blank piece of steel plate that they would alter to fit my engine when I was ready to have it installed. they will do all the hard tubing, wiring etc. when I am ready for that phase, which hopefully will be in a couple of weeks. They will mount the condensor,and expansion chamber and all. They do it all day on custom rods and have the knowhow. Just tell them where you want the radiator mount and other accessories that come with it and they will do a good job. I am assuming you are not going to handle that part of the build yourself. A/C problems can be a nightmare and expensive if damaged.
I have over the years collected pics of all sorts of parts and ideas that have been a help to me with my build. Here are some of those pics. Maybe you can find one that will help you.

Attachments

• accessory brackets.jpg
    accessory brackets.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 540
  • accessory brackets 2.jpg
    accessory brackets 2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 522
  • aircond4.jpg
    aircond4.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 497
  • alt bracket4.jpg
    alt bracket4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 527
  • belt alignment.jpg
    belt alignment.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 522

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bill,
your AC compressor needs to mount low on the drivers side(rhd) behind the lower chassis/seat back, below the headers ....

Thanks Bill and Fran

I have downloaded those great pictures and will use them as a guide for fabricating my setup.

Thanks
Bill D

Bill

Here are some pic's of my aircon pump set up

Steve

Attachments

• Aircon pump1  low res.jpg
    Aircon pump1 low res.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 421
  • Aircon pump 2 low res.jpg
    Aircon pump 2 low res.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 400