302 Drawing ? w h y?

Hi all -

I'm looking to 'paper fit' a few items around a 302 motor at the moment and whilst I have drawings of the items concerned, I don't have one of a 302 block, with or without manifold....

Has anyone out there got one they could 'share'? or know where I might obtain one?

.dwg or .pdf preferred but any format or assistance would be greatfully accepted.

thanks..:)

Hi Paul,
I have a 3D enigine I drew in AutoCAD Inventor I can let you have in .ipt format or if you can wait a few days I'll convert it into 2D dwg for email or I can post. If dwg then what version do you have as I use 2006 which isn;t compatible with earlier versions.
All I ask is that you tell me how I can view pictures on this Forum!!!!!!!!! I've tried everything I know but no joy.

Hi Paul
I don’t have a scanner, but if you find a copy of “Building Ford short-track power” an SA Design book # SA63. It has 7 pages of 351 Windsor drawings ( apart from deck heights, most dimensions should be similar ).
“Ford high performance” catalogue # M-1833-A1 also has 302 & 351 drawings (its an old book though)
Hope this helps

Clayton

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• pyp-3020_w.jpg
    pyp-3020_w.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 988
Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Before you get to excited do a search on this forum about P-ayr. There are several people that have had trouble with these blocks, as far as being accurate.
Regards Brian

Thanks Guys - Paul 'n' all....

The drawing file you have Paul would be most appreciated and I'll certainly give your 'viewing issue' some further thought, although I did follow the previous thread about the problem and could not fathom why you had issues at the time....:confused: If I have a sudden idea, I'll post again....

I also have some ford manuals which as suggested, might prove the ticket and make life easier....

Ron Earp

Admin
Al confirmed what I'd heard from another builder - those replica blocks hold up to some work in the sense you can bolt stuff to them like headers and what not and they don't fall apart of the bolt holes pull out. Cool toy that could be a neat table when one was done with it!

Malcolm

Supporter
It ain't paper, but I have an old 302 block lying around here if you want to borrow it. Wendy might appreciate one less peice of garden architecture for a time! Also got empty gear box casing if of any use.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Now that's a light weight engine - should take another 200lbs out of the car. Makes the aluminum block SBF look like a solid lump of lead in comparison. Now, I wonder how the foam will hold up to the under hood temps.......?? And, might be tough to get a good grounding for a spark plug!

Thanks for the offer Malc - but I have a car here at presesnt and am mocking the required items in card from drawings to 'trial fit' - if feasible, I'll order the bits, if not, I won't....

The motor is coming out for a full rebuild too so I need to trial fit the proposed bits before removing it..:)

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Like Ron mentioned, I bolted up my headers thinking I was going to have to be very gentle with the mockup block. That worry lasted about 2 minutes and I was soon tapping on the collectors with a rubber mallet! The only reason you see a wood block between the transaxle and the exhaust is to keep the engine from tipping back as it was not bolted to the chassis.

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• Mockup_O1E_Basic_Rear_View.jpg
    Mockup_O1E_Basic_Rear_View.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 563
Hi Paul,

New to the forum and was searching for just this type of stuff (engines and such). I too wouldn't mind if you could send along the inventor file of your 302. Address is below. Thanks. Total off of GT-40 topics but would anyone be interested in a Solidworks part (sldprt) of a manufacturers rim off of the Audi R8 from a couple of years ago? This just happens to be the rear (haven't done the front just yet). If so just email or post.

Cheers,

Jeff

[email protected]

Back