RF Muffler Supports

Jim Dewar

Supporter
I need a photo of the later style rear muffler supports that bolt to the rear of the transmission. I have been looking at my brackets for several evenings and I am certain they must be manfactured wrong. I've finally realized the puzzle cannot be solved by me! Pics Please!!!!!!!!!

Here is my set up - done in the factory.

Attachments

• exhaust4.jpg
    exhaust4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 374
  • exhaust5.jpg
    exhaust5.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 382

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Thanks Kym, My configuration is different. Here are some pics of my system and the 2 brackets that won't fit.

Attachments

• P1010068.JPG
    P1010068.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 403
  • P1010069.JPG
    P1010069.JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 370

HILLY

Supporter
Jim,
For some reason the standard RF brackets place the isolation mounting points at different heights and the brackets on the mufflers are also different lengths to match. From memory I think that the drivers side mount sits lower. I manufactured new SS brackets that made the mounting points level and shortened the muffler mounting bracket to suit. I have attached the drawings that I made the brackets from. One shows the new bracket detail and the other shows the conparison between new and old. I still had some minor mods after fabrication but they were reasonably close. Hope it is of some use.

Attachments

• DSCN0660.jpg
    DSCN0660.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Exhaust Muffler Mount.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Exhaust Muffler Mount 2.pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 246

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Thanks Peter, From the looks of your brackets I will need to fabricate. My brackets are made to hang from the top and interfere with the muffler support. I appreciate the photo. Someone was on the wrong page (again) at RF when they made mine. Jim

Back