Allowable Engines

What are the allowable engines, in particular for Qld in a newly built GT40, are they / has something been changed recently, no doubt in Qld Transports favour or are there further restrictions on the way?. . .i was thinking of a factory supercharged version, are they 5.4lt . ..surely not? . ..or a quad cam 4.7lt? . . .as you might be able to tell, i'm dreaming while saving $$ at the moment.
Russell

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
From DRB's web site FAQ's

In many overseas countries GT40's are registered as 1968 or 1969 model cars and therefore are not required to have EFI motors, catalytic converters etc. In Australia, replica's are registered as new vehicles and must comply with about 75 ADR's (Australian Design Rules) as well as each State Transport Dept's regulations, the most important issues being exhaust emission standards and chassis strength. Some States allow motors up to 5 years old to be used (ADR 37.01 compliant) - 1999 or later. In these States, the Ford 5 litre Windsor can be used, or alternatively, the Ford Mustang 4.6 litre alloy Quad Cam motor can also be used. Other states require motors that comply with the current emission standard (ADR 79.00) 2003 or later. In this case the chassis is modified to allow the Ford Boss 5.4 litre Quad Cam motor to be fitted.

Pete, What size is the factory supercharged engine?, What is its output? . ..is it allowed here . . .for now?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Russ why not take yourself down to the Famous DRB/GT40 Australia sausage sizzle which is on tomorrow. Make yourself known to Peter Ransom who will be happy to answer all your questions. My car is there having a few tweaks done. (dont ask its a secret). The address is 29 Old Pacific Highway Yatala.

Grrr would if i could Pete, just finishing off a reno on a place i'm selling, need to have it on the market within two weeks and got a million small things to finish off in two weekends. . .hopefully get me a tidy profit and i'll sneak a couple of $$ into the car account (without the mrs knowing), but yeh when the account gets a little fatter i'll be talking to him, as long as the Mrs doesn't pop out another :pepper: . Although they can be handy. . .my little 2 year old knows her shifters from her screwdrivers and doesn't mind it in the shed with me (until she gets in trouble for not having a bath at the right time that is!!)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not really a secret, just some stronger rear springs and a Dyno tune. Give Peter Ransom a ring at DRB He is always happy to speak to potential customers. The number is 38072480

Back