weber install

finally got around to starting this project, I will keep you informed of the progress, so far much easier than my 427so weber install.

cav005.jpg

do any of you guys have the part numbers for a center bellcrank type throttle linkage, My Kirkham has one but the webers are mounted fuel inlet inward and the CAV faces them outward, also the 427 manifold is larger so the linkage is different. It looks like this.

cav.jpg

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
How about a linkage like this one?

I have a bracket that the cable attaches to for it.

Attachments

• Webers 002 (Small).jpg
    Webers 002 (Small).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 598
Chuck. Thanks for the post. Are those fuel regulators you have added? I am wondering were the CAV units set to high PSI for webers?
Randy

Randy, they are the standard units and I assume are set at 5-6 psi now ,so they will need to be changed. I have no idea how to lower them, maybe someone here does.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Chuck -

I think those are one way valves so you don't keep swapping fuel from each tank.

I could be wrong.

But I don't think so!

Chuck, I bet the CAV regs. are adjustable, I just removed the acorn nut from top of regs. and there is a adjustment screw. I have CAV 134 and am about to do what you are doing. Try backing screw off,these are diaphragm style regs,but will they go low enough?
randy

Chuck, I bet the CAV regs. are adjustable, I just removed the acorn nut from top of regs. and there is a adjustment screw. I have CAV 134 and am about to do what you are doing. Try backing screw off,these are diaphragm style regs,but will they go low enough?
randy

The CAV regs I have on #29 are adjustable to 3.5 PSI, no lower. I've installed inline gauges on both sides before feeding the 48IDAs. Back out the acorn locknuts and turn the adjuster nut. They were originally set to 5 PSI to feed the Holley but the new plumbing for the Webers leaked at that setting.

I really don't think it is going to work. If you could have 2.5 or 3.5, you would be much better with 2.5. I think your float needle and seat with leak at 3.5.

Back