Engine Oil Adapter, Remote Oil Filter / Cooler

Ron Earp

Admin
I have been looking for a rather unique piece for my 260Z race car and finally found it. What I wanted was a remote oil filter adapter that had more than two ports so I could easily hook up a oil temp and oil pressure gauge, maintain a spin on filter at the block, and easily hook up a oil cooler. Well, I finally found it on Ebay:

blueocp10.jpg

blueocp.jpg

I got the piece yesterday and it is awesome. Has plenty of adapters with it, looks like it will do exactly what I wish to do. Maybe you guys were already aware of these, but I'd not seen them in Jegs or Summit and this elegantly solves the problem I had.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
No, you just have to be careful on oil temps and throttle. Never had a problem with that except one track event and it was 26F. Just put cardboard over half the cooler and took care of that. But anything over 50F and she's about right on the money with the cooler size and Z motor.

I like the adapters, but would like to keep the remote oil filter that I have. Is there a way to cap off the oil filter adapter? Otherwise I will take my swivel Mocal unit and tap it for the sensors. Trying to adapt the remote unit is like an erector set for mine. I have oil temp, pressure and fuel pump cutoff for low pressure, as well as warning lites for temp and pressure. May have to T some of them.

Bill

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Easiest way Bill is to cap it off with another filter! Nothing wrong with running two filters so long as you have a sufficiently uprated pump.

Otherwise it's not difficult to machine up a hollow alloy spin on cap grooved for an o ring seal. You could also drill it in the side for as many extra senders etc that you want to run. You will need something like these take off ports to drill through into the centre boss to enable the oil flow any way. There's a couple of different ways to skin this cat, if you want diagrams let me know.

There again someone may make an adaptor like Rons that is already capped i.e. doesn't have provision for the filter....?

Last edited:
Can re-design this to give a Filter/Cooler in one unit-only two hoses reqd. Intend to make one for my car with 2.5" OD in the cooler area so that it can fit up the tunnel.

Last edited:
I Googled Maxspeed Motorsport and they had one on auction for $69. It only had one hour left on it when I asked my question. I already have the mocal remote filter adapter mounted on the side wall of the engine bay and a thermostat/bypass mounted between the filter and the cooler. Then there is the Accusump which is T'd off the return line with it's one way valve tied in to prevent pack flow. The filter mounting has two extra 1/2" ports which are available. They require several pieces to put the small tubing of the oil pressure line. the other one would have to have a T so that the temp adapter(1/2") can occupy one side and then adapters to fit the fuel pump cutoff and the warning lite. So you can see how this adds up. Will consider tapping the sandwich adapter for the pressure and the fuel pump cutoff, leaving the two 1/2s for the temp gauge and over temp lite.
I had considered tapping into the sandwich adapter earlier due to the erector set that would be required for the other pieces. Just wasn't sure that was the way to go. Looks like that is the way to go now. Cost would be about the same.

Bill

Back