RCR MarkIV GT40

I am selling my 427 Kirkham shortly and building a RCR MarkIV and doing some research. I'm building a 527" aluminum 427FE. I am going to use a Ricardo transaxel. A few questions, with many more to follow I'm sure.
1. Has anyone used Blue Thunder 427 heads in a MarkIV and if so where did you get the headers?
2. Was it necessary to see a proctologist after you got the bill for the headers?
3. What type of dry sump is the best?
Thanks, Al

Good choice Al, on the Mk-IV, though there is "acres" of room and enough room for a "picnic" in the back of the Mk-IV, Fran told me a while back that the ricardo will not fit, with the FE. Had to do with engine dimensions or something like that, my eyes and head glazed over when he said no and the reasons why... unless Fran and you have been scheming onto how to get the FE and ricardo to fit?? Inquiring minds want to know too. Hello Fran??
Fran had my headers built while the engine was at his shop. Sorry, but mine are edelbrock heads. I did not see a header bill. Only Frans...Ask him about the headers and transaxle.
No Proctologists were used in my choices...yet...

Just talked to Fran, he said an adapter would have to be fabricated for the Ricardo to 427FE but it would fit. The headers in stainless would be about $3,000, steel $2,200. For $800 I'd go with stainless. No need to see the Dr. as yet!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We have the technology -- Tx Earl. --- Err, "copy right here", Fran:laugh:

Attachments

• cammerricardo.jpg
    cammerricardo.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 234
Thanks Jay!
If any of you guys are selling your cars, advertise in Europe (with someone reputable). The Euro is so strong that they are buying toys like candy. The guy that is buying my Kirkham bought another one in Salt Lake City, Utah and is leaving it there this year so he can race it at the Salt Lake track. He's importing mine as a driver. Must be nice!

Back