302 engine mounts

Just tried to fit my 302 onto my Roy Smart engine mounts, but found that it didn't fit! The holes in the mounts when fitted to the engine are at least an inch or so too wide (each side) to fit into the mounts in the chassis. The distance between holes in the chassis mounted mounts (?) is 1ft 3 1/2 inches. Can anyone tell me if this is the standard distance on a GTD?
My local american spares shop tells me there are only one style of 302 mounts in the style I have?

Simon,
As I texted you earlier. You should not have to do this at all. Search the Forum and you will find I has this problem. I got my mounts from Roadcraft after having the same problem from Customville (I guess that is where you got them from).

It should be no more than having to get a drift to help them in.

Brett

If you use the rubber bushed engine mounts they will work with Roy's item, but if you upgrade to poly bushed mounts as I did, you may have to re-drill the mounts and dress them down a bit to provide clearance. I know it does not make sense, but that is what I had to do to get my motor down into the chassis.

Brian

There are several different mounts for the 302 - I forget the exact year but there is one that has shorter "legs" where it bolts to the block, bringing the holes that bolt to the chassis closer together, i think you may need them.

Back