Billet Aluminum Hemi Heads for SB Ford & SB Chevy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have your attention? Soon I am going to be offering these heads on my site!
They will be complete and ready to bolt on. T&D rockers, valves, springs, carbon fiber valve covers, etc. These are billet aluminum hemi heads. They are made by a wizzard in his shop. He has a set on a SB Chevy, naturally aspirated, race gas, in a Chevy II running in a 10 1/2 in slick class, producing over 900hp, turning 8.14 at 173 mph in a 3400 lb car. This is a pretty nasty engine granted, but these heads on a street or race engine would produce significant hp gains, not to mention looks! No, they are not cheap!

Attachments

• P4050953.JPG
    P4050953.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 14,986
  • P4050950 (Large) (Small).JPG
    P4050950 (Large) (Small).JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 13,686
  • P4050949.JPG
    P4050949.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 14,951
  • SBF-Hemi_Intake_Runners-2 (Small).jpg
    SBF-Hemi_Intake_Runners-2 (Small).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 10,389
  • SBF-Hemi_Valve_Cover_Solid-1 (Small).jpg
    SBF-Hemi_Valve_Cover_Solid-1 (Small).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 9,968
These are boss 429 heads and valve covers. Are you going to shrink the bore spacing and redo water jackets and head bolts to fit a small block? Boss 429 hads require special oil feed locations that are just not in a small block ford to oil the valve train. those valve covers will be about an inch too wide when you get them on a 351. Are these realy going on a small block?

Jay, the man states that they are fitted to a SB Chev, I am sure your aware that SBF bore center's are only 0.020" different to SBC and since these are billet heads its only a matter of inserting the appropriate info into the CNC and Hey Presto instant cylinder head. From my point of view the Jury is still out on the cooling passages, time will tell!

Yes I understand that and it can be done. In fact he must already have it done as the head shown is definately a ford. So if thats not a 429 style head it must be a small block ford as it only has 10 headbolts.. My concerns are not in reprogramming a CNC machine to shrink the head its all the other issues. Water and oiling need to be matched to a small block as well. Intakes ? What size valves? Head Gaskets? How big would the combustion chamber have to be and what compression ratio could you get with a 140cc chamber? Its hard to fit a dome that close in a hemi.

I never said it couldn't be done i just have not seen alot of answers yet.

These are boss 429 heads and valve covers. Are you going to shrink the bore spacing and redo water jackets and head bolts to fit a small block? Boss 429 hads require special oil feed locations that are just not in a small block ford to oil the valve train. those valve covers will be about an inch too wide when you get them on a 351. Are these realy going on a small block?

The builder of these billet heads took a styling cue from the 429 heads, they are not 429 heads.

Yes I understand that and it can be done. In fact he must already have it done as the head shown is definately a ford. So if thats not a 429 style head it must be a small block ford as it only has 10 headbolts.. My concerns are not in reprogramming a CNC machine to shrink the head its all the other issues. Water and oiling need to be matched to a small block as well. Intakes ? What size valves? Head Gaskets? How big would the combustion chamber have to be and what compression ratio could you get with a 140cc chamber? Its hard to fit a dome that close in a hemi.

I never said it couldn't be done i just have not seen alot of answers yet.

The chamber size is about 52cc. depending of what valves are used. The valves on the current configuration are 2.250 intake and 1.625 exhaust.
The flows are slightly over 400 cfm on the intake and nearly 290 on the exhaust.

Jay, the man states that they are fitted to a SB Chev, I am sure your aware that SBF bore center's are only 0.020" different to SBC and since these are billet heads its only a matter of inserting the appropriate info into the CNC and Hey Presto instant cylinder head. From my point of view the Jury is still out on the cooling passages, time will tell!

The builder has applied for a patent, as soon as he gets that squared away he will share how the cooling passages are done.

Ron,Yes they are! I haven't talked to Chuck in a while, he was trying to get the patent for the water jacket design. I'll get hold of him to see what progress he's made.

Im not too sure I understand what more is being offered just because the heads are machined from a billet, than that of a cast unit.

Back