my new exhaust

got my car back today from jp exhausts just thought i would share with you the results i'm chuffed to bits with it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 455
yes just polished stainless steel straight from the factory i have not run the engine up yet to put any heat cycles throught the exhaust, i seem to remember somebody saying to get that blued look on the pipes to wipe the exhausts down afterwards with a rag coated in wd40, can anyone confirm this
chris

Exhaust heat will turn 304 stainless pipes various shades of gold. The blue seen on some pipes come from a high nickel and chrome content in the metal.
Wipe down the pipes with lacquer thinner prior to running the engine. This will remove fingerprints and oils than may be on the surface. Any fingerprints will show up as dark gold smudges if allowed to stay on the exhaust.

Mike Pass

Supporter
You will like it when you fire it up. Alan Snelson has the same exhaust on his car and it is fairly quiet but has a really nice tone with a deep base throb which sounds really meaty and means business. I am thinking of buying the collector and silencer section for my car.
Cheers
Mike

Exhausts look cool, i picked up my 1968 302 Mexican block yesterday after waiting months & am kind of dreaming of the day when the exhausts go on!

Can you tell us a bit more regarding exhausts. Time to make, budget etc.

Cheers

KarlB

The headers in my CAV GT40 were polished SS as well,turned to a lovely gold colour and then eventully to bluish-black which I did not like much so had them coated. I wish I could have retained the gold colour.

thanks guys for all your help so far i have an even bigger grin on my face now started her up today all i can say is wow!!!!!!!!!! now i understand why some people go on about the exhaust note. karl the exhaust took just over a week to make up at jp exhausts dropped it off on a friday lunch time spoke to the guy who was going to do the work on it and explained my vision of the final results he mentioned that he had done alan's a few weeks befor and was looking forward to working on mine and he had another to do in a few weeks time. left my baby with them it was kept on the ramps all week inside the workshop and recieved a phone call to say it would be ready to collect the following friday or poss monday. due to commitments i collected her on monday. price wise i asked for a more angular look on the exhausts and fully pollished, twin silencers with repackable baffles and an additional baffle in the exhaust which could be removed at a latter date after sva or replaced for track days. total cost was £1800 plus vat i could have gone down the road of mild steel but price wasn't a whole load cheaper and then i would have had the system cam coated but decided to go via polished stainless as i love the look of the exhaust as it ages and barring accidents etc should last a lifetime.
hope this helps if you need any more info please feel free to pm me or i can email you more high res pictures if required
chris (a very very happy bunny)

Cheers for sharing experience, added removable baffle 'for those special occasions' is a very good idea. I will add that to my ever growing list.

Wow - 1,800 pounds for the whole system (polished, with collectors and mufflers) is a great price - very reasonable. Wish I could find a US-based craftsman who could produce this for the equivalent USD price.

Beautiful system. Thanks for sharing info and pics.

Back