Anyone put a Ford Modular in a GT40 in UK?

Not the UK, but I'm pretty sure at least one fellow has used a modular in Austrailia or NZ. if you search the site you might find something. I think it may have been a RF from 2-3 yrs ago.

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
I have recently fitted a Ford Modular 4.6L EFI engine in my RFGT40 (to meet OZ emission controls) through Will Croll Engineering (he can be contacted through the forum). It has excellent driveability features with a good power too weight combination.
Regards
David

Thanks for the replys. David how have you found your car on fuel, when driven sensibly (is that possible in a V8 car??).
Do you have any photo's of the installation in your car? I am looking to dry sump mine with a view to get it as low as possible, i will only do this if i can make my own dry sump pump or find a cheap 2nd hand unit otherwise it just gets too expensive.

My email is [email protected] if you could send me some.

Regards,
Mudgey

Hi Fran - thanks for the link (the modular certainly fills the engine bay)

I plan on using a Porsche box which, as you know, has a very small bellhousing. I'm not sure exactly what the overall outside dimensions are for the G50 housing but i know its a lot smaller than the audi which will allow me to get the engine lower in the frame.

The plan is to build a one off chassis based around a 4.6 modular and G50, the car has to be excellent on track aswel as being comfortable to drive long distances. I will be installing ABS and power brakes to make the vehicle easy and safe to drive. (it will be used as a daily driver)

I am trying to make as many of the parts as i can to bring the costs down to hopefully below 25k on the road.

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Mudgey
We used existing engine sump and modified it and the pickup to The New Roaring Forties dimensions to give us the ground clearance. The sump mods seem to be working fine. The engine is coupled to an Audi 016 6 speed gear box and although the engine is a neat fit it's not too bad to work on. If you like I can send you more photo's of the build to help you. The New Roaring Forties and Will Croll Engineering may also be able to assist you as they have the complete design specs as well as all the available parts for the car. I haven't done a fuel trial run yet but I know already that it's not too bad. At 110klm's/Hr it's sitting on 1850rpm.
Regards
David

Attachments

• 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 930
  • 250.jpg
    250.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 608
  • 251.jpg
    251.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 443