Weber Conversion

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I used a similar model with an external 6AL box. Fitment shouldn't be an issues as it is the smaller disty form factor. I used Carter rotary vane pumps, 1 per tank, and a Holley low pressure regulator. The Carters are noisy but work well. You fuel pressure shouldn't creep above 4 psi. You might consider plumbing in a return line, i.e. put the regulator on the return line to maintain pressure, as its easier on the fuel pump.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Personally I would steer away from vane type pumps if your fuel pump(s) need to lift the fuel out of the cell. Vane pumps typically fail when forced to do this. If you decide to use a Vane type pump, place it level or below the top of the fuel cell and you'll be fine.

If you need to lift the fuel up-hill more than just a couple of inches - Get yourself a gearotor style pump as they are made to be lift pumps..

Dave, as Neal says, watch your fuel pressure - 4psi is the max. 3.5 probably better. The float valves can't handle much overpressure and you end up with flooded carbs and gas pouring all over the place - not a good thing with hot exhaust manifolds.....

Back