Merge Collector Fabrication

Yeah, like how about some safety gear.... I wonder how many fingers they've lost in that shop on the band saw.

Where I worked in high school they used to nail the gloves with missing fingers on the wall right above the bandsaws....with inscriptions below....."Pete Schmidt, 2 fingers, 4-24-84" Ouch.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nice work.. I wish they would have shown the welding operation on the centre of the merge though.. That's the toughie...

Yeah, like how about some safety gear.... I wonder how many fingers they've lost in that shop on the band saw.

Where I worked in high school they used to nail the gloves with missing fingers on the wall right above the bandsaws....with inscriptions below....."Pete Schmidt, 2 fingers, 4-24-84" Ouch.

My father had an accident with his table saw when I was a young boy. To this day, you cannot pay me to use a table saw. I'd rather rip cut a 10' board with a hand-saw...

I've worked and been in a lot of places that pretty well take all the safe guards off the equipment the moment it comes into the shop. Bugs me a bit - but I'm always free to buy and use my own equipment (which I do most of the time)..

Jimmymac,
Try Rich @ Cone Engineering.com... very impressive stuff..& video info...Coming HOME next year.
Cheers Eddie.

Re Big-Foot's comment about welding the centre - After several thousand dollars worth of turbo' were destroyed by a badly made merge collector, and then ongoing problems with cracking (crappy workshop kept telling me they were on top of it...), I ended up buying from Burns Stainless, no problems from then on (also have new mechanic. :) ).

Not such a problem in a NA engine I guess.

Tim.

Back