Blower Question

Since I'm new to this forum, I have been weighing the differences among what suppliers offer far as body and chassis are concerned, and have actually narrowed it down with the input I've received from these forums. My next question will revolve around engines. I can get a hold of just about anything I want, but like they say, "speed costs, how fast do you want to go?" I'll probably spend a fair amount of money modifying an engine. What I want to know is can anyone on this forum point me to the previous posts where "Turbochargers VS Superchargers" was addressed. I'm sure that one probably generated quite a few discussions. I would like to know which is better for "off the line" quickness. I've read some of the Turbo threads and am wiser for it, but I'd like to know which is preferred and why. Also, I don't want to rehash something that's probably already been beat into the ground. After all, I don't want to :dead:
Thanks

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I would like to know which is better for "off the line" quickness.

You don't have to look much further than the Top Fuel and Top Alcohol Dragsters on NHRA and IHRA to get your answer.

There are advantages to both - one is generally better on the bottom end and the other is generally better on the top end.

For the sake of overall simplicity - the Supercharger generally wins.
For the sake of overall efficiency - the Turbocharger generally wins.

I've had a bit of experience with both.

My most recent was this car;
IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

~1100 HP when blower was overdriven ~800 HP in underdriven street trim - 468 BBC

Back