Ford 302: Induction Ram Pipe lengths

Hi all,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=3><FONT color=black><o:p><A href=
http://www.atpower.co.uk/throttle_bodies.html</o:p>

Thanks for that Allen

Just to clarify the measurement I need is for either a Weber or throttle body set-up

Regards
Andy

Jim
I completely agree, but I currently need a starting point so I can specify my set-up. I understand I may need to adjust them later

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy

The length of the ram pipes has an effect on performance, ie the longer the pipe, the more low down torque you will have but at some expense to top end power apparently. Canam cars tended to have very long ram pipes.

I have got Jenvey throttle bodies on my car on a weber manifold with quite long ram pipes (no air cleaners) and have never had any clearance problems under the rear window. I also get a good view out of the back in the rear view mirror.

Chris

Thanks fro the feedback Chris. On your installation what is the length from the manifold to the top of the ram pipe

Regards
Andy

Thanks fro the feedback Chris. On your installation what is the length from the manifold to the top of the ram pipe

Regards
Andy

Have now measured it and the figures are as follows:-

Manifold to inlet end of ram pipe - 175mm

From top of throttle body to inlet end of ram pipe - 90mm

The manifold is a Cobra one for Weber IDA/IDF and has a raised section for each carb choke/throttle body which is where the lower measurement was taken from. The bed of the manifold, ie the flat area between the 2 banks of cylinders, is about 85mm below the raised sections that connect to each throttle body. My throttle bodies are 48mm.

I hope all this is sufficient for your purpose. Measuring was a bit difficult because I have a turkey tray, which would require some dismantling to get a clear view of the manifold. All measurements should therefore be regarded as approximate.

Wishing you all the very best with your project.

Chris

Back