Chevy LS Bellhousing bolt pattern

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just curious Chris - is the crankshaft centerline for the LS in the same location as the old legacy Small/Big block Chevies too?

Same bolt pattern, same depth, same flywheel ring gears so why do the aftermarket bellhousing manufacturers list differant part nos for the LS, maybe the clutch mechanism? Allthough Quick Time do list some " fits all " bellhousings for certain transmissions.
Mike

Try the Albins bellhousing. Mine arrived yesterday, and I'm using the LS2. It has a depth of 114.7mm, and uses the standard clutch and starter. Great looking piece of gear, cost is just over AU$1000 delivered.

Attachments

• Albins AGB LS1 Bellhousing.jpg
    Albins AGB LS1 Bellhousing.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 21,668

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I'm out of town currently (can't look at the motor), but if memory serves correctly, the pattern is the same except one of the bolts is missing. Not sure which one until I look, but other than that "minor" difference, I believe they matched. I know KEP shows a different adapter than the Gen 2 motors.

Try the Albins bellhousing. Mine arrived yesterday, and I'm using the LS2. It has a depth of 114.7mm, and uses the standard clutch and starter. Great looking piece of gear, cost is just over AU$1000 delivered.

Buggar me ! they won't pay me that for the complete motor with clutch and starter AND a 24 month warranty !
Mike

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm out of town currently (can't look at the motor), but if memory serves correctly, the pattern is the same except one of the bolts is missing. Not sure which one until I look, but other than that "minor" difference, I believe they matched. I know KEP shows a different adapter than the Gen 2 motors.

Here is an LS1 block

gm_ls1_rear_face.jpg

Here is a typical SBC block
10051183b2.jpg

Note that the TOP bellhousing bolt is normally not used on older bellhousing.
705561-R1-09-16A.jpg

Back