LS Electronic throttle body

Has any one converted a LS electronic throttle body to a mechanical cable operated type. I know the cost of the aftermarket ones is quite high.
Im thinking maybe with some machining a electronic one could be altered into a cable type.
cheers

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I've never done this, but it seems there are also some related issues with the ECU if you do this? Sorry I can't be of more help.

Adrain, as Ox mentioned, there are computer issues (cable TB won't work well with the drive by wire computer). The engine wiring harness and throttle pedal are also much different. All LS1's required a Throttle Control Module between the pedal and the PCM for DBW. All in all an expensive proposition when done.

Why change to cable? The electronic pedals are easy to adapt to a conversion.

Attachments

• P5010072.jpg
    P5010072.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 438
I was hoping to use a aftermarket ECU injection system from Emerald, this system does not work with throttle by wire.
Does anyone know of a alternative cable operated throttle body?

Cheers

Adrian GM do a nice retro fit kit for many LS Motors. They power of the ECU is far greater than the aftermaket and the price is rite too.

Attachments

• 19166567.jpg
    19166567.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 489
Adrian,

Delphi sell's remanufactured PCM moduals that would work with the LS. You should be able to get an GM performance engine harness for it too. The software should be available to program it on line soon. I think a USB to ALDL connector and a laptop running Window's XP will program it. You should be able to run a OBDII diagnostic scanner on it too for error codes. This will be the route I will be going with my W41 Quad Four HO.
Dave

http://go.delphi.com/cs/welcome.aspx

Last edited:
Painless wiring sell extra harnesses for this exact thing. Get it through Summit, just a smidge cheaper, I think.

Otherwise, fit one of these, then you have to use the cable...

Attachments

• TWM gm_ls1_ls2.jpg
    TWM gm_ls1_ls2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,989
Painless wiring sell extra harnesses for this exact thing. Get it through Summit, just a smidge cheaper, I think.

Otherwise, fit one of these, then you have to use the cable...

Would the TWM throttle body kit work with the LS3 engine, as it states in the spec LS1 LS2

cheers

Back