4-6dohc horsepower.

hi all,
i have just had my 4.6dohc(linclon mk8) engine dynoed with what think are not too bad
results 293ftlbs and 296hp at the wheels.only mods areeight stack throttle bodies,28lb injectors and crossover exhaust system.how does this compare with a windsor.

Ali

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hey Ali,
That should make for a good spirited street machine --is it drivable yet ?
look forward to some more progress reports

Hi Ali

Did you have a dyno figure defore the throttle bodies.
I am interested to know what they made on their own.

Good to see you are moving on with your car.

Jim

Jim, I have a stock naturally aspirated 4.6 from the mustang cobra in my DRB, it has the standard induction and is currently producing 285hp at the wheels. It will be interesting to see what my eight throttle body induction will give me based on the above numbers.

Cheers Steve

hi chris,its been up and down the road illegaly quite a few times.panel and paint now.
hi jim, the only figure i know of is the 285hp which i assume is at the flywheel dont know torque.
so i figure my mods were worth 100hp which i thought would be the losses thru trans but i am not
sure of the percentages.the torque starts at around 260ftlbs @1500rpm thru to 293ftlbs@5000rpm which i put down to auto trans type engine.anyway im really happy with what
i have should be easy to drive.
Ali

Hi Ali
A friend has just got his 40 going with a mild 302w with just over 300hp and its a blast to drive plenty of fun for the street. I'm sure yours will be too. BY the way Pauanui is a very cool spot in the world I holiday there often. seeing a 40 cruzing the streets would only make it better:thumbsup:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
As most max. speed limits down under are 100 - 110 kph on open high ways, which means in top gear you're only at 5-10% throttle in a car that weighs about 1200 kg (and 1 spare seat)-- so with that motor you can be assured of reliability and longevity, even with a bit of spirited exuberance.

Unless, you live in New Zealand, you'll probably need 500 hp + and a strong 2nd gear --just to get up all those hills --and with all that hp you'll need big brakes to slow down with, when coming down those big hills. :laugh::worried:

Pete next time you are down look me up i am in the ph book ,two 40s cruising would be better.

Alex my motor has not been opened up to do anything since it came out of the lincoln mk8, so
i consider it factory stock apart from the mods i have described above.would a windsor of similar
cubes out of say a fairlane perform the same.was there a vehicle that came out with as stock
a windsor of over 400cubes.it must be fairly awesome having 500hp and ftlbs of torque to use.

Chris thats why i put six gears in,a two speed diff i will be right at home.

cheers Ali.

the dyno sheet

Attachments

• 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 249
Hi Ali Do you have pics of your homemade eight stack, Il am very interesting to see your setup. Il got the same motor and il want to know how you solved the dual
port head problem.

hi Frank,
check out some of my other postings i think there are some photos there,or look up eight stack throttle bodies/induction.
cheers Ali

Hey! Nice numbers! We just laid down 292whp and 308tq with our 4.6L 3V kit car my friend and I are working on... have you had trouble with your 4.6L being painfully loud? We put 3" res (1 3/4 primaries and custom collectors that expand up to 3") 18" long on ours and the only way I can describe the sound is pain, haha... help would be appreciated! The car has a Mustang stock airbox/maf with a SCT tune by us... this was on our neighbor's dyno jet... we'll be getting a Superflow in house soon, which will be nice since our shop has A/C and the numbers won't be on a 103deg 64% humidity day (correction on the other dyno was off due to humidity sensor acting up).

Do you have any vids of your car?

Back