Coyote 5.0 Litre with 8 stack injectors at 8200 rpm

The very same system from the same guys (Innov8 racing) in the back of our RF demo car but with verticle trumpets - this is a masterpiece of an inlet.
cheers PB

DSCN9881.jpg

P1150475.jpg

Looks great, well done guys.

I think a certain RCR needs to be rolled in for fitment of that engine! If only the owner of that certain RCR could get his crap together to get it ready for the engine!

Nice sound and incredible power, the engine in my Tornado is a Coyote I am very excited to finish the built

Paul - that setup looks great. It will be good to hear about the project as it progresses.

Dodge - nice work!!

Tony

Hello guys, super n00b here... Certainly one of my dream engines on one of my dream cars, but I've had noticed in these pics as well in the TSC Coyote cars is that the crossover/bundle-of-snakes/nest-of-vipers/180-degrees :laugh: exhaust is missing.

Surely those Coyote heads are massive, but, Does the extra width affects the 180 degrees implementation? I can imagine a few reasons like overall length been not optimal but I wonder how is not have been done so far.

I just imagine a Coyote engine with X-over exhaust singing at 7500 RPM...

Hi Enrique,

Because the factory MAF sensor as supplied by FORD is on the front of the engine there is no room, as it would foul on our aft cockpit bulkhead. So we turned the inlet manifold around allowing the engine to go in the chassis without having to move the bulkhead forward making the cockpit tighter.

This however takes away room on the other end of the engine by installing the MAF sensor/air filter there. This then left us with no room to do a 180 exhaust economically as well as having it please the eye.

An 8 stack injection system that runs as well as the supplied Ford system would all but eliminate this issue.

I'm sure Andy would then offer a traditional set of snakes.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Enrique,

Because the factory MAF sensor as supplied by FORD is on the front of the engine there is no room, as it would foul on our aft cockpit bulkhead. So we turned the inlet manifold around allowing the engine to go in the chassis without having to move the bulkhead forward making the cockpit tighter.

This however takes away room on the other end of the engine by installing the MAF sensor/air filter there. This then left us with no room to do a 180 exhaust economically as well as having it please the eye.

An 8 stack injection system that runs as well as the supplied Ford system would all but eliminate this issue.

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks Scott, got it. I forgot to note that these 8 stack systems are apparently still in development or too new so I think like you said, its just a matter of time to manufacturers to come up with a set that pleases us all :thumbsup:

Hi Gordo, Loved that rippin' Ford Coyote engine. This kind of Ford engine is nothing new to Ford. Afterall, the "Coyote" name is from AJ Foyt's Ford DOHC powered winning Indy cars which he named the "Coyote". If you ever hunted a coyote, you'll understand why he chose the name. You see, a coyote has a six speed sequential tranny. After you fire your first shot, he launches directly into third, and it doesn't take him long to rachet up to sixth!! Ford is now bringing race technology to the street. Hang on tight!! Development of the new four valve DOHC Ford Mod engines are in their infancy. Soon there will be solid lifter radical cams and even Indy style heads. We're talking Kawasaki ZX14 motorcaycle kinda perfomance!! The Ford Coyote engines will soon be revving well above 10,000 rpm reliably.

Hi Enrique,

Thanks,
Scott

Scott, Enrique,

Eight Stack injection, Ohio, www.eightstack.com are just weeks away from having their 48IDA EFI system ready to fit the Coyote motor.
We are the European dealer for them so not sure how many WE will get to sell !
Get in touch with Bob or Dale and tell them I sent you.

Mike

Mike,

Will it be Speed Density or MAF based?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,
havn't seen anything yet but I presume they will be like their regular systems that have a big vacuum plenum built under the intake and be speed density. You will be able to run a MAP sensor, IAC, brake booster and anything else vacuum registered off it. It WILL be eight stack so without an air cleaner or cold air box I don't know how you would rig a MAF sensor
Bob will be able to fill you in properly.
Mike

Back