Fords 32 Valve SBF heads

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED
428 RPM MAXX block / 32 Valve Ford Heads

So I thought I would post some pics here to those that maybe interested in these blocks and heads since I posted in the other Arao thread. when I found out that FPS was involved in making and quality control of this block I was sold on it on the spot. I am super happy with the block and the help I got from FPS to setup the block (pistons+cam) for the 32v heads as they have built some of these 32v ford versions allready. So I am finaly jumping into the CLEVOR club after giving up waiting for the past 3+yrs for these new cleveland blocks to come out and asked for my $2000 in deposits back in mid march and will order another $3800 428ci rpm maxx short block from FPS when ever I might get my $2000 in deposits back. These big ci 32v engines are going to be fun to play with.

mypictures002.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Re: 428 RPM MAXX block / 32 Valve Ford Heads

Clevors RULE.....here's hoping this big CID Clevor comes true!!

Cheers from Doug!!

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED

Thanks for the wishes Doug. I am raising 3 kids on my own so I might take a bit of time if work/jobs dont pick up, but it will happen!

Hi Ron, I think I am a dummy because I dont get your/the question? sorry?

Ron is asking you from whom will you purchase the 32v heads? Assuming ARAO is not an option given the horrible reputation and disastrous (non) delivery schedule....

I assumed Kaz already has his Aaro heads since in the other thread he said he was looking to buy some spare parts for them.

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED

Hi Cliffbeer, I am sorry, if that is the case. I am getting the impression you guys are making some kind of dig at me which I really dont deserve or appreciate as I did post pics of my 2 sets of heads that I allready have so I still dont get it. Mike is correct, I was going to phone arao this week to order some spare parts but got busy with a project, I PROMISE I will phone him next week now for sure and order spare 32v parts and post ALL info about my order, although now I dont think makes any difference to you anyway as I dont think you are interested in this tech.

im004907.jpg

Anyway I am REALLY happy with this 428MAXX FPS short block assembly for my 32v heads, I hope I can get enough things payed off this summer to order one more from them soon.

more MAXX block info

http://www.racingpartsmaximum.com/files/RPM.Blck.FlyrKRS.pdf

thanks.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Oh, we are interested. I for one am especially interested in how you get such good service from someone who's scammed everyone else. Lucky you. What's your secret?

Purely due to my addiction to things technical, I have to ask, you appear to be going to enormous lengths with these heads to make them match the 351c4V tunnel ram manifold you intend using, do you have dyno & flowbench data or track performance times to back up all this work? Its just that I come from a race car enviroment where I constantly see the likes of 355ci Nascar 4bbl motors putting out a reliable ~800 hp on two valves per cyl/single 4bbl & with inlet ports possibly even smaller in cross section area than the untouched ones on your heads. I struggle to see where the advantage is in this setup.

Last edited:

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED

Hi Jim, I will tell you the secret now, I picked up the phone and called him instead of trusting some of the lunatic ranting (corral site being one of the worst) by some that dont even have these heads, just remember, making these heads are only a side line for him as he is also busy working on other things.

just to add, The police have a saying, theres your side... theres my side... and then theres the truth. Regardless of what business problems arao has had in the past, the fact remains they have been around for well over 20+ years and are still around in business. To anyone that might be interested in this 4v tech, DO your home work and make sure you have ALL the facts.

Thanks.

Hi jac mac, I am VERY glad someone finaly asked me this. The whole small port/stuffed port thing on the cleveland end of things has gone into the relm of the retarded, imo I believe this has come mostly from the austrialians playing with the inferiour design 2V port heads and pushing it as it is the be all fix to 4V heads... which is False. It is good you mentioned nascar as in america these type of smaller port intakes are floating around too. The KEY thing/words some dont get is "nascar=355ci" and there rules favor this. once you start adding CI the 4v int ports work even better/fantastic just as they are. So for me the only thing I would ever consider using the small port garbage for is a small ci street engine OR as door stop and nothing else.

anyway here is some independent flow tech on my heads you maybe interested in half way down the page/link comparing these 4V heads to 2V heads, NO 2V head can touch the low/mid flow #'s the 4V has which ='s more/better cly fill at high lift...

Ford Head Flow Data and Specs

The 4v tech is sound and works, guys like Mihovitz are my heros today...

4vmod.jpg

thanks.

Last edited:

So I can take from your reply, the answer to my question in regard to 'Your' particular pair of cylinder heads as in the photo, you cannot give me answer because:
A. you have no Flowbench data.
B. You have no Dyno data.
c. You have no actual in car, real time track results.

For some inexplicable reason I am not convinced..:)

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED

Hi jac mac, sorry I was not trying to convince you of anything, no rocket science to it at all, simply was trying to state that I do NOT like small port crap on big ci engines, thats all.

thanks.

Ron Earp

Admin

Kaz,

There isn't anyone out to get you on the forum. But we are a critical bunch and all of us have had experiences with snake oil. Comes with racing, or so it seems.

If you're here to defend Arao or their product at least do us the courtesy of telling us your reason for involvement. Professional interest as an engine builder, investor, friend, dealer, or just think their product is great.

Yes, I'm skeptical as I don't see how shipping one set of heads two years after they were paid for in full clears Arao. Additionally, I don't feel that the statement "if you can't wait for the product then it isn't for you" is a legitimate excuse, but I do remain open minded. I feel if these heads are as good as stated, and available, then they'd flat out dominate the market. With the SB Chevy market being the largest pushrod V8 market in the world Arao would make a killing. Why doesn't this happen?

All that aside, the Cleveland blocks you're waiting on - it isn't those Buttermore ally blocks is it? I was interested in those a few years ago for my Torino but was scared to take the plunge. Ended up building a big block instead, against Jac Mac's good advice that I probably should have followed with the Cleveland as it'd have been cool to whip some Mopar ass with an itty bitty motor. But a man gets an idea and has to follow it sometimes, for good or bad.

Clevelands are really interesting engines. A big inch Cleveland is even better, but the small ones do extremely well. Either way, I favor area under the hp curve for street/road race and keeping the port velocity high is certainly a factor there. Four valve cylinder heads are certainly capable in that regard and one would think it'd translate to a pushrod four valve head. But, there are some things I'd be concerned about. How do these heads manage at higher RPMs with the rather unusual rocker arm and pushrod layout? Isn't the spring pressure high for one lifter/pushrod?

Seems odd (and perhaps a tad unfair) that someone has more than one set of these when so many other people report that they see nothing after years... Dunno...

Some people have all the luck I guess.

Tim

Last edited:

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED

I came to this site to show the 32v ford heads are real and out there and to dispute with any ranting lunatics that say these heads are not real. Also as my hobby to share 4 valve tech to those if interested. As I mentioned I have been into cleveland stuff since I was a teen, I was bored with the old 2 valve crap and was looking to get into the 4 valve tech, particulary 4valve pushrod tech which can have some benifts over the ohc 4v versions. I am not "investor, friend, dealer", this is my hobby and I enjoy the 4v tech. I am also into HD bikes and also got into mr Feulings 4 valve HD heads and have a good few sets of his 4v heads including some of his 90's prototype race heads which share simular tech with the 4v dominion/arao heads. I have a great respect for Mr Jim Feuling and have learned much from his stuff and do think 4valve tech is great.

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/memorial/OLDSITEjimfeuling.htm

yes I have had $2000 deposits out now for 3-1/2 years on 2 aluminum cleveland blocks for my 32v heads, I am sorry to Tod I could not wait any longer and have now joined the CLEVOR club. After getting a double+ price quote (which I allmost shat in my pants over) from mme to do a cleveland short block with a few other block issues? I went with the 428ci $3800 FPS shortblock with extras. After 3+yrs of waiting and even still not having my money back because he is having business problems also, I still wish Tod the best in this on going project.

The rocker shaft design along with the valve cover which doubles as a valvetrain girdle makes this setup very stable, feulings 4v is a simular design. The pushrod layout is basicly the same as the canted headed clevelands. The spring pressures are not any higher than 2 valve head performance/race setups as the valves are smaller/lighter so they dont need big spring pressures, again simular to 4v feulings and both heads use the porsche 911 valve adjusters. I will be upgrading to behive springs, possibly pac#1283? so heads should be good for 600lift, in which FPS also cut me a custom 4v cam for my heads.

im004522xb4.jpg

im004528wg2.jpg

im004566mf6.jpg

Hi roaldin, I am not the only one with the ford heads...
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/feedback...raud-arao-engineering-inc-buyer-beware-4.html

thanks

Last edited:

Kaz

The big question is when will you get your first engine on a dyno ?
What kind of hp/torque goals do you have ?
Despite some of the negative buzz....this is cool stuff.

Mike

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED

Hi Mike, will dyno it down the road, its not high on my list of things to do at this point. Power wise I know this one will make at least 300HP! :thumbsup: lol.

So this first 32V 428Maxx is going to be setup with n/a weiand tunnel ram with weiand remote thermostat housing, predator carbs with quad bigshot nos plate system. Heads are standard 64cc, 12:1 comp, using a C6 Clutch tranny in Mustang II S/G type car.... so it should be a real fun car :thumbsup:

scaled.php

clutchc6004tj6.jpg

Second 32V 428Maxx will be a boosted version with some simular parts for diffrent car.

Last edited:

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED

Hi, I just uploaded some of the old Dominion Performance inc company web site adds when Hal was involved with making and selling them and thought I would also post some of the dominion 32 valve sbf tech pages here too.

2n6rn5t.jpg

2uoj2vp.jpg

Kazoom

CURRENTLY BANNED
I am just wondering with some of the guys here if anyone here might have anymore info on FORDs factory 32 valve sbf pushrod heads they made back in the early 90's when designing there 4v mod engines. I understand now that ford sold limited quantitys of these 32v sbf sets through svo till selling out. I heard these 32v sbf head kits were sold for around 8-9 grand?, anyone here know anything here about these. I am interested in a used set for sale.

m9prg1.jpg

2chxtns.jpg

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Interesting valve gear, kind of like an early Frazer-Nash, with that transverse pushrod. Complicated. I have never seen these before.

Back