EFI on my CAV GT40...

Right now I have a crate Ford Motorsport 302. 325hp or so. It has electromotive tech3 but we are only using the ignition side. We built this car 6 or 7 years ago... and at the time we could not find a good EFI intake manifold. I know there are products out there...what works good on a GT40? I want to do a throttle body style that looks like a carb.

Sean,
didn't post as I presumed one of your own people would come in.
You need www.eightstack.com this is the one that looks just like a Weber 48 IDA, there are others if you don't need an exact look.
We are the UK / Europe dealers for them, we do a complete plug'n'play kit for the GT40, if you don't hear what you think you should hear from the people in Ohio (and you may not ) get back to me

Mike

pics worth a lot of words. this is the way it was delivered out of the box. I had the throttle bodies painted black.

Attachments

• stacks 006 small.jpg
    stacks 006 small.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 573

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Is the EZI efi as good as the adverts suggest?

Turn the key and it will start, then adjust itself and reduce the idle to a suitabl level then keep learning as you drive?

Ian

Exactly Ian. You put in a couple of parameters up front. Engine cu inches. fuel pressure, size of injectors, Idle speed. set throttle idle and wo throttle positon. of course with engine off. Start the car. Fired right up. Sounded as if the pistons were changing holes. With in 30 seconds it started to settle down to a nice idle. Let it run for 15 mins idling. then drive it. It stumbles and burps a couple of time but just keeps getting better and better.
about 300 miles and things have settle down perfectly.. Even bumps the throttle 300 rpms when you turn on the air.
The one thing you have to leary of is the 12 volt supply to the computer can't be cut off when in the key is in the start position. the key in the start position turns off 12 volt accessories. Solution was to put a push to start button
lg

Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I used TWM throttle bodies with a 351 windsor block manifold and a TEC2. You might call TWM and see if they have a manifold for a 9" deck height. Lyold that sounds almost to good to be true, I am going to check that system out.

Attachments

• IMG_9113.JPG
    IMG_9113.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 447
Guys keep in mind the fuel system is a nightmare with two tanks and return lines. I used two check valves on the pressure side and two shut off valves on the return lines. All i do is power up shut off valve(normally closed 12v supply opens) with the corresponding fuel pump and the fuel returns to the tank it came from.

Jack once installed it is that simple. I went from a single holley carb to this setup. Easier to start and much more streetable overall
LLoyd

What about something real basic like the Holley Avenger port-injection EFI? I've seen this on a chebby engine and it ran great, anybody know if it's available for SBF??

you have to go bling. can't beat the look and performance
LLoyd

Attachments

• stacks 006 small.jpg
    stacks 006 small.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 346

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I agree with Dwight. Eight Stack is a great system, and looks close to the original Weber setup. The company is also great to work with. www.eightstack.com

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 396
How much for the eightstack.com system? Looks pretty much like the weber carbs at a casual glance for sure.

The DC&0 setup on my 347 works very well, but does not have the old school look they do.

Back