Bearings & Pistons

Guys,

asking for your opinions.

I made some bad experiences with Clevlite bearings and KB Pistions ( They suck) and looking for alternatives. I am not looking for the best money quality balance, I am looking for the best quality ....

-> How about the original Ford bearings in a tuned environment, do they last ?
-> Wiseco Pistons the same ...

Any advice is welcome....

Guys,

asking for your opinions.

I made some bad experiences with Clevlite bearings and KB Pistions ( They suck) and looking for alternatives. I am not looking for the best money quality balance, I am looking for the best quality ....

-> How about the original Ford bearings in a tuned environment, do they last ?
-> Wiseco Pistons the same ...

Any advice is welcome....

Didn't we have the same post a couple of weeks ago when Fel Pro gaskets " sucked ". Nothing wrong with Clevite, KB, or Fel Pro in the right environment, seem to remember it was detonation last time.
Did we get a response from you on that, don't think so.
Mike

He Mike,
I returned the engine from he shop just two days ago and we are talking about two separate engines here.

As soon as I seen clearer what happened with the first one I will share my results, but I am not a friend of speculations. And this is why I asked the members here to share experience, not to discredit felpro, kb or clevlite..

But to give you a clue why I am asking.
I was dismantling engines I bought
- 302 from 72
- 351 from 74
and all bearings did look so good that for a regular engine ( no performance) they could have been further used. We are talking about original Ford bearings.

I also dismantled a 302 from 87 I did build from scratch for a customer, which had been prepared from the same machine shop within the given specs. After just a few runnings we decided to dismantle the engine and check all again, and we have seen the bearings are showing already markings we did not expect and surprised us.

Looking at quality bearings in modern engines, they are made different to support cold starting and running much better then copies of the old design. So the question is, did Ford change the design of the replacement bearings ?

Cheers
(C)arlos

Back