Any experience with Keith Craft or DSS?

I have narrowed it down to Keith Craft or DSS. The price is about the same. DSS uses their own stroker assembly (331) and Keith Craft uses eagle. The one distinction is KC is a 0 balance and DSS is 28. Any history with either one? I'm building a roller 331 stroker with fuel injection stacks.

They both seem top notch. Thanks

I have had 2 Keith Craft motors. Great people with good rep. My last eng. is a 331 stroker with Webers.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I highly recommend Keith Craft. The manager and contact person is Tony Loy. He is very knowledgable and will quickly answer your questions and concerns. In fact, I'm scheduled to meet forum member Kirby Schrader(silver Mark II) at Keith Craft's shop this Friday to go over details of the motor that they are going to build for Kirby's Pantera.

I have no experience with DSS, but I can vouch for Keith Craft Racing.

I purchased a "built" 306-ci short block from KCR in Sept 2006 for a twin-turbocharged application. Over 50K miles of 9# boost through that motor with no issues. Great service, fair price, and no complaints. I would use them again.

My only word of wisdom is to unpack the motor and inspect it for "shipping damage" before the delivery guy leaves. The monkey that delivered mine to my door step, roughly dropped the pallet to the ground in my driveway and cracked the front timing cover. I regret not taking the 2-3 minutes to thoroughly look it over before the delivery guy left. It was a easy fix of course, but cost me time and a new timing cover...not KCR's fault either.

HTH,
Harold

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I had KC supply my heads and valve train. No complaints at all. Even if DSS as a company is equally good, the deal breaker for me would be the crank not being internally balanced.

That is stupid when you can easily get 0 balance cranks. OK for Ford to do that for a shopping basket, but when starting from scratch for a performance motor why would you?

I have known Kieth for years and he has been a huge supporter of our hobby. He has given alot of free advice and I would through business his way any chance I get.

Back