EFI Inglese vs Non EFI weber SOUND?

Ok, I'm driving myself nuts with making the decision to go EFI or non EFI induction. I'm convinced on doing a stack setup. I know you are reading this Fran.... :) Anyway, is there a difference in sound between the EFI and non EFI setups? Maybe that will help make my decision. Also, I'm surprised that there isn't that much of a difference in price between the two setups. Even with the high pressure pump, lines, injectors, computer, rail, etc... It's only about $300 more to go EFI. That is the inglese setup. Thanks for any insight!

Yes, I am aware of the tuning. Once a weber is dialed in, (and I know a very knowledgable weber guy it shouldn't be an issue. I do however like the "ease of injection" but I don't like the complexity of fuel line routing.

Not really complex, a properly sized line from and to the tank. Once a Weber is "dialed in" it's good for the altitude you "dialed in" for. They also get out of tune pretty often. I've seen a few Weber setups, and for the most part, they were being fiddled with or tuned. A good 8 stack EFI pulls all through the rpm range, compensates for elevation change and stays tuned. And they do sound nasty!

Chuck

Supporter
Call Jim Inglese. Great guy, very knowledgeable. Will build a system specific to your engine same as the original. Can give you some good info on pros and cons.

Call Jim Inglese. Great guy, very knowledgeable. Will build a system specific to your engine same as the original. Can give you some good info on pros and cons.

Chuck,

I spoke with Jim Inglese this week. He did come across as a knowledgeable guy. He said he would build me a setup that would be dialed in to my engine. I enjoyed the conversation and learned a thing or two!

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jim:

I've got an Eight Stack EFI system on my SPF. It's a really good system and looks more true to the original Weber set-up than the Inglese system. The company (www.eightstack) is located in Ohio, and Dale Schaller is the guy to speak with. They would take good care of you. If you go to the Eight Stack website, you can see a number of installation photos including my SPF.

Good luck in selecting your system!

Jim
As for the sound the EFI has a quick flick on the starter and it runs and purr's perfectly every time. And the sound of the non EFI is a constant grind of the starter and wining from the owner because it wont start or it needs yet another tune:laugh:
Woody

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Michael:
Pricing for the Eight Stack system depends on your engine and what finish you want for their system. I'm guessing, but I think it's in the $4k to $5k range. You can either check that with Dale Schaller at Eight Stack, or with Dennis Olthoff. Dennis has installed several of their systems, and he's worked with mine as well.
Dave

Jim
As for the sound the EFI has a quick flick on the starter and it runs and purr's perfectly every time. And the sound of the non EFI is a constant grind of the starter and wining from the owner because it wont start or it needs yet another tune:laugh:
Woody

Sorry, but my Webers stay perfectly in tune and roar to life instantly.As long as they're dialed in properly it's not a problem...

Back