What size stacks for the webers?

Ok, I'm done with tires and moving on the the stacks! What size are you guys running? By size, I mean the height. I have seen the short ones (30's?) and the taller ones (50's?). I like the tall but I want to make sure they clear.

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks for the input. I hate to say it but I was concerned with the looks. I like the tall ones and I want to ensure they clear the glass. I assume they will? Ron, I read the other posts, thank you. I decided to go with a non EFI setup. Way too complicated for the amount of miles I will be driving it.

I'm running the shorter stacks on my 347 and experiencing no problems at the top end or bottom.

You wont experience 'problems' just that you'll make (relatively) more power at the top with short and more power at the bottom with long. I couldn't start to estimate how much but it's very real. This is why many manufacturers have played with variable length stacks to get the best of all worlds.

Some bikes even run different length stacks front to back or side to side to 'spread' the power. Looks a bit odd when you can see all of them though as in the GT40!

Jim, best to take a measurement off the top of your webers to the glass.....if your engine isn't mounted very low then you might find you don't have a lot of clearance, particularly if you're going to filter the intake air with traditional weber air filters.....

Longer the better I recon.
If you are tracking the car and never putting it on the road then work the shorter end of the scale.
If you are mainly road with the odd track day then look at the long.
The majority of your road driving will be in the mid range, if you loose a little top end at the odd track day it wont kill you.

Jim do a dummy up.plumbers pvc tube,heat the end with a hot air gun then push it onto the small end of a funnel,it will flare.
Make 8 short, 8 long and see what you like,you can also work your hieght as well.

My 2cents worth.

jim

This car may see a couple of vintage parades, I mean races...:) For the most part it will drive up and down Woodward Avenue and curvy roads that the big 3 use in the area. A friend of mine use to work on the corvette and he would take rides on certain routes in lower Michigan to test the cars. I would do the measurement but the car is at Fran's being prepped for shipping. I could wait until I get the car and test fit everything. I was just curious what you guys are running. As always, thanks for the input!

Back