Full CAD Model- 5.0 Coyote Engine

For those of you who dabble in CAD and/or are working on Coyote builds, I have made available a CAD model of the new 5.0, located here:

Ford 5.0 coyote engine - STEP / IGES, Solid Edge - 3D CAD model - GrabCAD

This is direct from Ford Racing, and is a dumb model with all accessories. (No engine internals). For some reason, the intake was not included in their file, and they cannot get it for me. This is something they don't normally do, despite the prevalence of factory-approved LS models floating around for different things, so we get what we get, as far as what is included. You'll notice the driver's-side header is missing an exhaust tube, and there's an idler pulley missing as well as a few other minor things. I'll probably be drawing a rough mockup of the intake just for kicks, and I'll add it to the grabcad project when it's done. If any of you have any contributions to this, shoot me a PM!

Happy building! :happy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Coyote Engine 1.jpg
    Coyote Engine 1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 8,093
  • Coyote Engine 2.jpg
    Coyote Engine 2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 7,637
I can't believe this thread hasn't gotten more traffic. Thank you for making this available! It doesn't surprise me to find the guy responsible for uploading the model on the GT40 forum. It seems that GTs attract our type. :)

I have your model in solidworks and am using it to create my own GT chassis, so it is definitely getting some use! Thanks again for making it available to everyone. it sucks that they wouldn't give you the intake side of the heads or the manifold, but beggars can't be choosers!

Glad you can use it!

Ford Racing is awesome. I called, explained what I needed, and got sent that engine mount layout PDF that Darrin posted. I called back, asked for an actual CAD model, explained the project (which I'm sure was quite a hook and helped), and was sent a link to the download off of a secure FTP server. All within 20 minutes. I couldn't believe what they gave me!

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Dylan, I don't know how I missed this when you posted over a year ago; this is just super. It sounds like Ford Racing are a great bunch of people who are willing to help out the little guys out here, not just the big teams with the deep pockets. Thanks so much for doing this research, and more importantly, sharing it!

Dylan, I don't know how I missed this when you posted over a year ago; this is just super. It sounds like Ford Racing are a great bunch of people who are willing to help out the little guys out here, not just the big teams with the deep pockets. Thanks so much for doing this research, and more importantly, sharing it!

Ford Motorsports is great when it comes to help. Just call them up and they will be straight with you.

For example, I called them up this morning about the new 5.0 asking if the new technology (they are doing things like larger intake valves and different timing that even the Boss and Aluminator XS don't have) was going to be put into the Aluminator XS. His answer was that it was not planned for yet as a 2015 version but when it did it would mean the old PCM I have would no longer work so if I were to wait (can't wait that long) then I'd have to get a new PCM as well.

A bit later I called back asking about headers for that engine and got someone to tell me not only sizes but the actual set they ended up with using on the dynos. This was all after a 5 to 10 second hold...at most...for each call.

Darrin, I asked the same thing before I purchased my crate, and they answered the same way and were incredibly helpful. Keep in mind, this was back when the 2015 engine changes had not even been officially announced yet!

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Would any of you Coyote experts (Darrin / Jason / Others?) know the dimensions of the Coyote head studs? I've heard the early Coyotes had M12 studs, but the later ones are using M11?

I'm looking for a stud about 5 3/4" long total, with an M12 x 1.5 block thread, and either M12 x ??? top thread or M11 x ??? top thread (I'm flexible on the top thread). Need about 1 1/8" (30mm) of thread on each end.

Would like the middle section to be undercut a bit for good stretchability (is that a real word?)

TIA!

John

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Coyote studs are much longer than what you are looking for. Try ARP fasteners.

Thanks, ARP are my next port of call, however it still would be good to know the dimensions of the Coyote studs just for general info.

The full model is there. Play with your STEP import options- the cylinder heads don't like to come in as anything other than construction surfaces.

Hi Guys,
I know this is a very old thread, however I want to take a chance in asking a question and maybe someone could be a guidance to me. I was wondering if anyone has a link to any 3D intake manifolds for Mustang gt 2011-2014 (stock or any other compatible manifold).

Thank you in advance,

Back